Brown Rice Pilaf

I am not sure how much time, I will have, to cook new dishes before Passover (Pesach) so I am going to check out Chaya's Comfy Cook for some of my older recipes.  The photos are terrible but some of those recipes are the very  best.  I chose a rice pilaf for today.


This is the kind of dish, you can make over and over with slight changes and it adapts to all kinds of meals.

Rice Pilaf

Ingredients:

1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup chopped celery
1-1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
3-1/2 cups vegetable broth
1 1/2 cups brown rice, uncooked
1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Method:

In a medium to large saucepan, add rice and water. When water boils, lower the flame and cook on low for 45 minutes.


Heat oil in medium saucepan on medium heat. Add onions and celery; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.

Add mushrooms; cook 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally.

Stir into cooked rice; cover. Remove from heat; let stand 5 min. Add walnuts and parsley; mix lightly.  

Linked to Hearth and Soul     Real Food Wednesdays      Pennywise Platter Thursday

Comments

  1. YUM!!! I love brown rice!!! I am actually eating it right now LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! We've been eating a lot more brown rice lately.

    It's funny you should mention the bad photos on old blog posts. I was just mentioning how much my food photography has improved to my husband. I plan on posting a shamrock cupcake tutorial from last year, and was comparing the pics to more recent tart pictures. It's incredible what a difference composition and lighting make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We hardly ever eat rice here, but this does look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see someone else trying to get their rice fix in before Passover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious! I do have a pack of brown rice, perhaps I should try your version! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious, thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the walnuts in this, and the brown rice would make it extra tasty as well as extra healthy. Thank you for sharing another delicious recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost