Vegetable Latkes



I had such success adding carrots to potato latkes, I decided to be even more daring and add carrots and zucchini.  This was tasty but I doubt that the zucchini caused this.  The carrots and onions probably gave it the flavor.  These went quickly and I consider them a success.
I am playing around with different kinds of latkes and still have a number more to make.  I do want to bake some of these, probably a thicker one than this.  The fried ones are crispy and the baked ones, less so.  Tonight, I made cottage cheese latkes.  These can be made with ricotta as well. 
I have one with cream cheese, I want to try as I am a fan of cream cheese.
All week, I wanted to make cauliflower latkes and I am hoping that I do this tomorrow.  Latkes are fun and although, I certainly could make them, all year, I tend to keep them for Chanukah.  

Vegetable Latkes

Ingredients:

4 large baking potatoes
3 carrots
1 medium zucchini
1 large onion
2 eggs
1/2 cup brown rice flour or all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon.. black pepper
oil for frying

Method:
1. Shred potatoes, carrots, zucchini and onion in food processor.

2. Blend the eggs, flour and spices with the vegetables.

3. In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat.

4. Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, drop scoops of latkes batter into the hot oil, flattening the pancakes with the back of a spoon. Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown on the outside and cooked through.

5. Remove the pancakes to paper towels to drain.

6. Place on serving plate and eat hearty.

linked to Friday Food             REAL FOOD WEDNESDAY     Event - ♫ Jingle All The Way  ♫
    Simple Lives Thursdays

Comments

  1. These Latkes look delicious!!
    Happy Hanukkah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! We made a potato croquette similar to this years ago. I had forgotten all about it and my kids really liked it.

    Hope you had a wonderful holiday! Thanks for linking up to Momtrends.com Friday Food!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost