Baked French Toast - Club Baked

I grew up, eating French Toast but my French toast was cooked in a pan and was rather plain.  It was good but since then, I have had stuffed French toast and now this Baked French Toast with fruit.

We are lucky gals since Julie selected this great dish from Baked Explorations: Classic American Desserts Reinvented - Hardcover (Oct. 1, 2010) by Matt Lewis, Renato Poliafito  for Club Baked.  The recipe can be found on her blog, A Little Bit of Everything.

I followed the recipe, as written, except for the delicious fruit on top.  I used peaches and they were just right for the toast.  Instead of frying, the toast is easily popped into the oven.  I had a half a loaf of challah around so I used it and it does make good French Toast.


I have just spent an hour, looking for the photos of my French Toast and I am not getting anywhere.  I wonder, if they got deleted.  I am going to continue looking but, for the moment, I will let this go without the photo.

I was lucky enough to get a new camera, about two weeks ago which is when I baked this.  I did lose some of my photos, learning how to use the camera and my guess is that these were amongst them.  I am having lots of fun, playing with the lighting, on this camera.  Having choices is wonderful.

If you are interested in baking with us, please join us at Club Baked and let us know.

Comments

  1. I believe you that it was delicious, even sans picture! Can't go wrong when those baked boys are involved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just love baked french toast...yummy!! And with peaches makes it even more fabulous! Have fun with your new camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of the peach sauce!!! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always in the market for French toast recipes. Can't wait to see how you're turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you lost your pictures, but Yeh!!! for a new camera.!! Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you lost your pics. I bet it looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love black beans, Chaya. This dish looks really good AND healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always wanted to make a baked French Toast! Savory and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry you lost your photos. I misplaced my camera one year and lost photos for several recipes, so I understand completely!

    I didn't get to make this recipe this time, but I have also never had the baked form of french toast. Will have to save this recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost