Bake With Bizzy - Chocolate and Peanut Butter Brownie Bites


With a name like the above, who could resist making these?  Not me.  I decided to make these for my class but they may be too gooey to bring to school.  I think you will see how fudgy the brownies are from the photos.

I found the recipe online so I don't have to retype it which I admit, makes me quite happy.  I love blogging.  I don't love typing the recipes.  There is a photo of their brownies that is nicer than mine so if you want to see it, in all its glory, go on over and take a look.

This recipe is better than the one in the book since it gives you a few hints that I did not find in The Neely's Celebration Cookbook.

Chocolate and Peanut Butter Brownie Bites

Brownie Batter:


3⁄4 cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips – divided
 
1⁄2 cup all–purpose flour, 
1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder 
1⁄4 teaspoon table salt 

1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar 
1⁄2 cup granulated white sugar 

2 large eggs
 
2 large egg yolks 

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Peanut Butter Swirl: 

2 tablespoons unsalted butter (at room temperature),
 
1⁄4 cup confectioners’ sugar
 
3⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
 
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 
a pinch of table salt

Keep in mind this recipe makes 36 small brownie bites from an 8 x 8 pan.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. (Be sure the rack is in the center of the oven.) First, spray your 8 x 8 pan with cooking spray. Then line the pan with parchment paper or foil with an excess of 2 inch overhang on the sides.

Over the stove top with medium heat melt the ¾ cup of butter in a pan. As the butter melts add in the first cup of chocolate chips (I made the mistake of adding in two cups of chips at once! This just puts your mixture at more of a risk of burning). Stir the mixture constantly keeping it on a low simmer. As it thickens remove the chocolate from the stove top to allow it to cool.

Get a small bowl and whisk together 1/2 cup of flour, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Keep aside for later. By this time the chocolate should have cooled slightly. Directly stir in 1/3 cup of brown sugar, and 1/2 cup of white sugar. Add two eggs and two egg yolks (If you’re health-conscious you can save the extra egg whites for breakfast). Don’t forget 1 teaspoon of vanilla and add in the remaining cup of chocolate chips now to complete the brownie batter.

Now too make the peanut butter extra fluffy and creamy. . . . In a medium bowl use a beater for 2 tablespoons of butter, 1/4 confectioners’ sugar, 3/4 cups of smooth peanut butter, 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract. For that extra BAM add in a pinch of table salt.

Pour the chocolate batter into the prepared pan. Don’t dally for too long because your brownie mixture might harden. Then add dollops of the peanut butter mixture evenly on top of the brownie batter. To make pretty swirls use the end of a knife or toothpick.

The Neelys’ estimate the brownies need 40 minutes to bake. I ended up baking my brownies for 60 minutes. I suggest keeping an eye on the brownies every 10 minutes or so after 40 minutes. You can always check to see if it’s ready with a toothpick or a knife’s tip. When you do remove it from the oven, let the brownies cool for a while on a wire rack.

Photobucket

Comments

  1. OMG!!!!!! these brownies look amazing!!!!!! can I have a few please??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind the chocolate and peanut butter combo when they're combined like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how gooey and delicious!! I love the sound of these beauties :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to beat chocolate and peanut butter! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I've linked up my herb bread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so in love! You've combined my two favorite things into one rockstar treat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photo of those brownies looks so gooey good!! I have shared Cranberry Orange Sourdough Muffins. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm! These look just heavenly! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So yummy! Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas, andi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! What a great combination of flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Peanut butter and choc are meant for each other! Looks really good! I've just linked up a muffin recipe. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! Three of my favourite words - chocolate, peanut butter, brownie. Put them together, and you've got me hooked.

    Thanks for sharing these at Cookbook Sundays.

    I'm linking up my Rolled Almond Meringue here xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow awesome & delicious ..:) thanks dear for linking

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost