Corn Chowder SRC

Secret Recipe Club
When I received notification as to who my secret recipe club designee was, I knew the blog and was extra excited about the choice.  I, already had visions of good recipes to choose from and I was right.  Each time, I went back to see what was new, another potential recipe greeted me.  What I did select is a comforting soup, a favorite in our family.  We love soups.  We love corn.  What could be better, in cool weather, then a corn chowder from Delishhh Global Recipes, Tasty Ideas.


I could give you a list of recipes, you might want to make, but it will be more fun for you, if you visit Delishhh and see for yourself.

You, most likely know what the Secret Recipe Club is.  It is each member cooking from another blog, assigned in secret.  The club is the conglomerate of all the members.  Each Monday, during a month, a different group has a reveal and surprises the blog, s/he has cooked from.


Corn Chowder  (adapted)
Yields: serves 6 | Prep Time: 45 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes
2 cups of frozen corn
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 cup vegetable stock
2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1” cubes
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
2 teaspoon curry
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups Rice milk
hot sauce, optional
1/2 teaspoon parsley (I still had some fresh, on hand)
Put olive oil in a large saucepan.   Add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic and carrot and cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
Add the corn. Cook about 5 minutes or until the corn is thawed.
Add the vegetable stock, potatoes, oregano, paprika, curry, mustard powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in the Rice milk and cook for 5 minutes until heated through.
Add hot sauce if desired. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.  I forgot the parsley that I had ready to go. 
Then, enjoy every spoonful.

Comments

  1. Fabulous - so glad you enjoyed the soup and thanks for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like a bowlful of corn chowder during the wintertime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from SRC. Wish I saw this recipe yesterday. Made another version but it was definitely missing something. Bet the curry and mustard would be great additions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, love chowders. But my week is next Monday, I must get my post written soon and sent off. Andi

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really good. I love corn, cannot eat enough of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, I love corn chowder - so comforting in chilly weather! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks filling and delicous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the spices in this corn chowder - it sounds so warming and yummy! I'm so glad you shared it with Let's Do Brunch :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost