Bizzy the Explorer - Week 5

Hi Fellow Foodies,


Slowly, I am taking over this blog and Chaya hasn't guessed anything.  She thinks, she is in charge but you will be seeing my fingerprints on everything, soon.  Please, just don't tell on me. 


By the way, Chaya did something right.  She knows what kind of cookies to ship with the aim of their getting to their destination in one piece and without the inside of the box becoming icing covered.  We need relatively plain looking cookies that taste great.                                                               
                                                                   Your Buddy Bizzy   


  
I am baking with Operation Baking Gals, this month, and I am on the lookout for great cookie recipes.  I decided, as an explorer, I should track down some great recipes, that would be good for shipping overseas.  Let me share with you, where I have gone and what I have found.


I started at Lethally Delicious and found several great cookies and settled on these: 
Chocolate Mudslide Cookies - adapted from Jacques Torres
I got in my canoe and paddled over to Amy Ruth where I found these:
Moravian Ginger Thins

Over the mountain, I went to Sugar Plum  who has beautiful photos such as this one:
p5
Homemade Peanut Butter Cookies
(She has 106 cookies so check her out.)
One more should solve my baking challenge and that is why I landed at Baker's Corner to find these:
Buckwheat Cookies
Buckwheat Cookies
The recipes can be found on these wonderful bakers' blogs and I thank them for giving us their time and baking creativity.
Photobucket  Baking GALS (GALS stands for Give A Little Support) is a group of volunteer bakers from around the country who bake and ship homemade goodies to our heroic military men and women who are currently deployed in a war zone. Our goal is to show our support and send a little bit of home to remind them that we appreciate all that they do for our freedom. If  you want to bake with us, please go over to the site and sign up.  This is fun to do.

Comments

  1. Thanks for swinging by my blog - I lvoe finding new baking/cooking blogs for recipe inspiration. I am definitely going to swing by baking gals, I think it would be so fun to make a great care package for those caring for us and our country. Those mudslide cookies look great. Personally I love good ol' fashioned sugar cookies with royal icing for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you've found some yummy cookies! I'd love to sample them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every single cookie looks mouth watering!!! Thank you!
    Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what the Baking Gals do - that is really wonderful. This is a great collection of cookie recipes - thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost