Tomato Mozzarella Salads - Taste and Create

I am so ashamed.  I can't believe what I did.  Taste and Create was due in on the first of the month.  Being an organized gal, weeks ago, I got the name of the person, I was partnering with and I went to her lovely blog and picked out some recipes to make.  I then did what a good blogger does and made something but I have no idea what the something is.  How does one lose a dish?
Easily, is the answer, at least for me.  I run off lots of recipes and make some, each time, I go through the pile.  I then, type the recipe into the blog and schedule it.  This time, I didn't do it.  
Of course, I went on cooking and never gave a thought to Taste and Create.  Sorry Min.  I went back to Avocado-Pesto and went through her recipes and while I have made similar recipes, they were not hers.  Feeling rather foolish, I picked out a new recipe, needless to say, an easy recipe, so I could get this in, only a few days late.  Note: I pride myself on being on time or at least, I used to.
I picked these tomato mozzarella castles - so yummy.  There were many other yummy recipes but I did not have some of the ingredients.  Am I happy, I could not make anything else (YES) because, we loved this, as a salad.
Tomato Mozzarella Castles   (adapted)
Ingredients:
4-5 oz mozzarella, thinly sliced
1 large tomato, thinly sliced
1 avocado, thinly sliced
1/8 small red onion, thinly sliced (just a few slivers for each layer)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon honey
2 tablespoons lemon juice
salt, to taste
instead of the basil which was used in the original recipe, I used dill to decorate
Method:
1.Combine olive oil, ginger, pepper, honey, lemon juice and salt.  Set aside.
2. On a plate layer tomato slice, mozzarella slice, avocado slice, and red onion slice. Repeat 1 or 2 more times. Drizzle mixture on top of tomato castles.  Garnish with fresh dill.

We loved this so much, that I turned it, into a salad.  My husband went on to eat the rest of dinner but I was craving more of this mixture.  What I did was add only about a cup of salad greens, cut up another tomato, half of an avocado, some slices of red onion, mozzarella and additional dressing.  I mixed it all together and sat down to the most delicious salad.  The dressing is good and I would use it with other salads.











A Little Nosh  Ms. enPlace   Permanent Posies   Frugal Food     Side Dish Saturdays                                  Thursdays

Comments

  1. I adore tomato and cheese salads. Love this!!
    Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters
    As a side note, I answered your question about my book on that post, if you're still interested. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking. This looks really good! I love that they are called castles...cute. P.S. Don't beat yourself up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful - tomato and mozzarella always work so well together - the addition of avocado is great and I love the little "castles". Intrigued by the ginger in the dressing - have to try that.
    Sue :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chaya! Don't be so hard on yourself. This merely proves that you are human. Notice my recipe (the coordinator, no less!) was posted AFTER yours. Thank you for following through regardless. These look lovely, and I think I might prefer your salad, even just for ease of assembly! Thanks for joining us!
    Min

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great. I love all the ingredients in this dish and they go together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you enjoyed my recipe! I too am late in posting the SRC recipe this month : / I have made your friggione though and will be posting it tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost