Caramel Apple Cake Sans Frosting

I absolutely ruin cakes because no one will eat them frosted in our home.  This would have to be a company cake and then I could frost it but the week, it was to be baked, there was no company.  So you get this great cake in all its nudity.

Club Baked made this in November so, you can see, I am slightly late.  Did I really say slightly?  If you would like to see these cakes, in all their beauty, stop by Club Baked and there is a list of participating blogs and their links.  See the cakes, as they should look.


I halved the cake and made it in a round pan and just sprinkled a little confectioner's sugar on top. The sugar was for the photo and not for taste. Hubby loves plain. This was not at all plain, though. The cake had enough flavor to hold its own. In truth, I am not sure it needed anything else. Of course, if you want a beautiful, special cake, as shown in the book, you need that yummy frosting and filling. I hope you have the book so you can see their photo.  The book is Baked Explorations

Comments

  1. Despite the lack of frosting, that's still a pretty darn good looking cake - I'm totally licking my lips thinking about delicious, buttery, caramelised apples.

    Shame your family doesn't like the frosting though. I'm a total frosting girl, in fact often times I could eat the frosting and leave the cake. Don't think I would be leaving any of this cake though.

    Thanks so much for sharing with Cookbook Sundays - I do hope you'll join in again :-)

    Sue xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost