Bake with Bizzy - Mexican Chocolate Cookies

Another cookie, I am including, in my package for Operation Baking Gals is this yummy Mexican Chocolate Cookie.  Whatever the reason, one bite of this cookie, put it on the favorite list.  It is a snap to make and the rewards are great.


When, I went to bake this, I did it right.  I had all the ingredients, ready, the night before so when I got up, in the morning, it was basically, get the cold stuff from the fridge and throw it in the mixing bowl.  It took me no time.  I love recipes like this.




Mexican Chocolate Cookies (adapted from Cooking Light)

Ingredients



5 ounces bittersweet (60 to 70 percent) chocolate, coarsely chopped
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Dash of black pepper
Dash of ground red pepper
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cooking spray

Method:
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place chocolate in a small glass bowl; microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until almost melted, stirring until smooth. ( I melt for 25 seconds and check it. I would be afraid to go with a minute on High.) Cool to room temperature. (What a pleasure not to use a saucepan and to clean it.)
Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through red pepper); stir with a whisk.


Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 5 minutes). Add egg; beat well. Add cooled chocolate and vanilla; beat just until blended.

Add flour mixture; beat just until blended.
Drop dough by level tablespoons (I made teaspoon sized cookies and baked for 8 minutes.) 2 inches apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until almost set. Remove from oven. Cool on pans 2 minutes or until set.
Remove from pans; cool completely on a wire rack. Cooking Light - DECEMBER 200

Now, let's look back on Bake with Bizzy from last week. As usual, there were many delicious sweet and savory recipes for us to indulge in. Thanks to each of you for the sunlight you bring to all of us.


Take a look at these Eggs Baked in A bread Bowl. Is this the perfect breakfast? I could start my day happy, with these.
                                             
land o lakes eggs baked into a bread bowl

The Sweet Swiper, as usual, has outstanding sweets.  Here are her Oatmeal Milky Way Brownies.  I am thinking of making these for my class.  I know, they would love them.

Wouldn't you love this beautiful display of yummy cookies on your table?  I know, I would.  These Chocolate Coconut Neopolitans  would stand out, on any table.


Comments

  1. Thanks for hosting!
    I'm interested in these cookies, being a lover of dark chocolate. I also like chocolate paired with cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for featuring my Oatmeal Milky Way brownies. They were a hit! I've brought a bunch of stuff this week.....it's a busy time of the year in my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything look so festive and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Mexican Chocolate Cookies sound wonderful! I have shared my recipe for Gingerbread Men cookies. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many cookies, so little time!!! What is a hopeless sweet tooth to do?

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cookies look right up my alley - I love the spices in them! And can't wait to check out the blog hop, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mexican chocolate...mmm..that really is the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such yummy chocolate cookies...and lots of great inspiration in your blog hop!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cookies look great! My husband loves chocolate and I love spice cookies so these are perfect for us! Thanks for hosting - so many tasty-looking treats this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds unique and delicious. I have never tried chocolate cinnamon combination I think.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great flavors to put together in a cookie! Perfect break from some of the cookies that turn out in droves every year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great cookie, we just love a great Mexican Chocolate cookie. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great week end and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the invite to your blog hop with my ingredient list! I would love if you would add to my first ever blog hop with your cookie recipe too! http://www.mythirtyspot.com/2011/12/sunday-brunch-homemade-sausage-gravy.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cookies look wonderful!
    I have just linked a cake recipe. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete


  15. We want to change and transform the splintered world of finance - from basic banking needs, payments and money transfer to the global financial ecosystem itself.
    Best Trading Experience -Bybit support
    The future is a world where every person on earth has access to safe, transparent, fair and free financial services.Their customer support is also very responsive & resolves the issue proactively.Their UI is also very user friendly. It has the lowest fees among all exchanges.
    Quick and easy way of trading -Kukoin support

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great crypto platform, With lots of information in it, These article keep users interested in the site and keep sharing more. thanks a lot! If you have more time, please visit: Binance support number

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dual Investment
    Users can buy or sell cryptocurrency at their desired price and on their preferred date in the future while earning rewards. Users have the flexibility to choose the target price, annual percentage rate (APR), and subscription period.
    please visit: Binance support number

    ReplyDelete
  18. Visit the Binance app homepage. If you are already registered on the exchange, just log into your account. If you don’t have an account,please visit: Binance support number

    ReplyDelete
  19. Crypto is one of only a handful of exceptional stable monetary devices that common Russian regular folks need to support their work or endeavor to escape and begin another life somewhere else.
    please visit: Binance support number

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost