Cheese, Cheese, Cheese Plus Pasta

Last night, I planned to make a nice chunky soup, you know the kind that fills you up.  One bowl, and you are groaning, you are so full.  That was the plan.  What do they say about the best laid plans?


I walked in, after work, and all I could think of was my bed, a place to fall into to sleep.  I was sure that peeling, chopping and seasoning was too much, for me.  Please tell me, you get like this, at times.  I usually pull, one day a week, like this.


Forget the carrots, potatoes, onions, lima beans, sweet potatoes, kidney beans, celery and anything else, I would have thrown in.  Forget the aroma of a rich and vegetable soup, simmering on the stove.  Forget it all.  Forget dinner to.


I was ready to skip making dinner and scouting the freezer for something to stick in the oven but hubby called and in that loving voice, asked what special dish, was I making.  The question comes from his satisfaction with weekday dinners, when I leave out the gluten, beans and garlic and anything spicy and asparagus and, and , and......  I love him, anyway.


I stumbled into the kitchen and opened the fridge door and what was there, lovely cheese and in the cabinet was pasta.  Next problem, which cheese to use.  If you laugh at me now, I will understand.  Out came the mozzarella, Parmesan, ricotta, cream cheese, pizza flavored, Gouda, pepper jack, spiced mozzarella and cheddar.  (No, I did not use them all but I did use five of them.)


This was definitely a throw together recipe and thanks to hubby, his first words were, "This is delicious."   This is what got that comment.


Cheese with Pasta


Ingredients:


16 ounces elbows or small pasta, cooked according to directions (I used gluten-free)
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups ricotta (15 ounce container)
1/2 cup Parmesan
2 tablespoons cream cheese
2 ounces pizza flavored cheese, cut up (too tired to grate or shred)
3/4 cup mozzarella, cut up
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
black pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder


Method:


Combine eggs and ricotta and add seasoning.
Add the remaining cheeses and Italian dressing.  Mix well.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.  If it is not lightly browned, put under broiler for 1 or 2 minutes until the right color.  How easy, this was.


Dig in and enjoy.





 Ms. enPlace  Side Dish Saturdays

Comments

  1. That looks totally dreamy, Chaya. IN.LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my lands, Chaya! This looks outrageously good!! Yes ma'am, I sure do have days like you had. Like tonight. I've been working so hard cleaning and getting ready for a friends' visit and tonight I'm beat. So it's baked potatoes and a glass of wine. :-) I'd rather have yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...you cook like I do...throw it together and hope it works. When you start with good ingredients, it usually does. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Just one question. When I come home from work dog tired, will you please come raid my fridge? Nothing I make on days like that is this appealing. (It's usually take out)
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For a throw together on a day you're worn out, this is wonderful. Pasta with five cheeses - I have to remember this next time I have one of those days - and, yes I do have them.
    Sue :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost