Spiced Sweet Potatoes

I knew, I had to have a sweet potato dish for Rosh Ha Shana and I wanted to add mango to it.  This recipe from Yummily is perfect for this.  I made it with a few minor changes and added a cut up mango.  The mango adds a sweet tang to the dish.


Spiced Sweet Potatoes


Ingredients:


5 medium large sweet potatoes
1 mango, peeled and cut into chunks
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons margarine
1/4 cup apple juice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg


Method:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Pierce potatoes with a fork; arrange in a circle on paper towels in microwave oven.
Let stand for another 5 minutes.
Cut each potato in half lengthwise; cut into chunks.
Mix sugar through nutmeg.  Add the mango and sweet potato chunks.
Spoon mixture into a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
Bake at 350  degrees for 45 minutes.



What I Whipped up WednesdayCast Party WednesdayThis Chick Cooks 
Whisking Wednesdays        Works For Me Wednesday

Comments

  1. Interesting flavor combination! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the mango and the sweet potatoes. Looks really good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost