- Heat oil in large fry pan. Non stick is best.
- Cut the potatoes into cubes and slice the onions and peppers.
- Add these to the hot oil and cover and cook over a low to moderate heat for about 20 minutes, stirring several times, until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned. Do not try to hurry this step by cooking on a high heat.
- Add the can of tomatoes and their juice.
- Cook uncovered for a further 15-30 minutes until the mixture darkens in colour and the liquid has reduced so that there is only a small amount left around the potatoes. Again do not use a high heat.Make sure the potatoes are cooked through. If not, put in the oven until they are good for eating.Season to taste .