Menu Plan Mondays

This is another week of Jewish holidays and I will try to give you a clear picture of what I am cooking.  There are so many meals, I may find, at the end, I can't keep up with my plans and do some subbing.  It is a challenge to make 7 complete meals for 3 days and keep it festive.

I just got Ellie Krieger's new cookbook which I plan to use for CEiMB, Craving Ellie in My Belly.  The group has changed to your choice any time, any where.  If you have made recipes from Ellie Krieger, go on over and link up.  There are no requirements other than the recipe by Ellie's.

Most of the recipes below, for Wednesday through Saturday are from the new book and I am excited about diving in and making them.  I will do a review of the book, after I cook some recipes but looking at it, is pure inspiration.  EK stands for Ellie Krieger and I put this after the recipes from her book.

Sunday - leftovers ---- sweet and sour meatballs, squash rounds, creamy potatoes
Monday - eggplant Parmesan
Tuesday - Omelet with corn bread with sweet corn  (EK)
  
Wednesday - Beef and Corn Bread Pie (EK) with Scalloped Potatoes (EK) and Chopped Fixins Salad (EK)
  
Thursday - Meal 1----- Corned Beef with Creamed Corn (EK)
Meal 2 - Chicken with Sweet Potato Casserole (EK)
  
Friday - Meal 1 ----- Sweet and Sour Meatballs with Rice Pilaf
Meal 2 ------ Honey Crisp Oven Fried Chicken (EL) with Roasted Vegetables
 
Saturday -  Deli Roll, Franks in Blanket, Chulent with Carrot Raisin Salad, (EK) Colorful Cole Slaw (EK) and Creamy Potato Salad (EK)
  

   
Desserts - Dorie Greenspan Double Apple Cake
Ellie Krieger - Kitchen Sink Cookies, Peach Cobbler and Apple Crisp
I have been asked to make something all chocolate but I have not decided yet, what that will be.
  


This is linked to orgjunkie.com

Comments

  1. Dorie's cake looks fabulous...I've been meaning to try it!
    Nice meal planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chaya, for featuring my carrots. They were so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost