Apple Dessert

It looks like, I am back to using apples, in my baking.  I can't resist them.  This time, I needed one cup's worth but I cut up more than that.  What could I do with them?  Of course, eat them.


Apple Bars

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup Hazelnut oil or Canola oil
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup gluten-free flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup apples - peeled, cored and finely diced
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F . Grease and flour 8x8 inch baking pan.

In a large bowl, mix melted butter with sugar and egg. Mix in flour, baking soda, and cinnamon, and then stir in apple and walnuts. 
Spread batter into prepared pan.

Bake for approximately 40 minutes, or until a small knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

The knife came out, perfectly clean, but the middle of the cake did not look done.  I put it back for four minutes, just to make sure and it turned out OK.  I don't think that you have to use the extra time though.  It looked the same way with the additional minutes.


Cut into squares or bars.

This is more like a dessert than bars.  We were scooping it up and loving it.



Comments

  1. Wow!,yumm and delicious dessert.Feel like grabing it.Luv it.yumm ... yumm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delish! I love using apples in dessert in the fall. Can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chaya that looks delicious and so wonderful for this fall weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if this recipe would work with the buckwheat flour I just purchased. This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to smell apples baking this time of year. Nice dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How creative - I love the idea of apples and bars in the same dessert. And hazelnut oil - never heard of this before...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost