Mashed Potato-Stuffed Bell Peppers adapted from Food.com
4 large bell peppers
- 1/2 cup red onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped finely
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup mushroom soup
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Split bell peppers in half.
- Seed them,& remove the spines.
- Gently parboil peppers for about 5 minutes, remove& drain upside down.
- Saute onion& red pepper in oil until onions are soft.
- Add salt& pepper, chives,& mix into the mashed potatoes.
- Stuff the peppers.
- Stand peppers in a deep-sided casserole dish & pour the mushroom soup into the bottom.
- Bake at 350 degrees, covered, about 20 minutes.
- Uncover & bake 5 minutes longer.
- Serve hot.