Roasted Beets


I don't often buy beets because I am not sure if I like them.  Last shopping trip, I decided to give them another try.  I adore roasted vegetables which caused me to roast these.  "What is good for the goose is good for the gander."  I know, it doesn't really fit but I wanted to say it. 

Roasted Beets Adapted from Ina Garten

Ingredients:

3 large beets
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon parsley
black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons orange juice

Method:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Peel beets and cut into chunks about one half of an inch in size.

In a bowl mix the beets with olive oil, black pepper and parsley.

Put a sheet of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.  Spread beet mixture over sheet.

Roast for 35 minutes.  Next time, I would do it longer to make it crispy.  A few pieces came out really crispy and they were the best of the bunch.

Remove from oven.  Put into a baking pan or casserole.  Pour orange juice and vinegar over beets.

Eat and enjoy.

Comments

  1. Chaya, I happen to love beets...especially pickled beets; but roasted beets at this time of year is so perfect and a great side-dish.
    Yours is one of the few that is so beautiful...shimmering with the wonderful olive oil and the addition of the sweet/sour scrumptious flavor. Great recipe...thanks for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost