My Meatless Mondays - Chocolate Chip Cake for My Class



What is the best baked good to make for a new class?  My answer would have been chocolate chip cookies but I had little time before school and could not envision making enough cookies for the class in that time.  Second best would be chocolate chip cake.  This blog is brand new to me and I kind of stumbled over it looking for the simplest recipe, "in the world."

Truthfully, I did not expect a lot from this cake.  It was too basic but it would go quickly and the ingredients were easy to come by.  I was surprised that it was very good.  I admit, I filled it with chocolate chips and that certainly made it delicious and I would make it again.

Chocolate Chip Cake adapted from Chichos Kitchen

Ingredients:

2 sticks butter or margarine, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of salt
1 bag (10 ounce) chocolate chips
2/3 cup sugar and cinnamon (1 teaspoon cinnamon)

Method:

Preheat oven to 350ºF.

Grease a 9 1/2 inch spring pan.

Beat butter and sugar together until very fluffy and white, about 4 minutes.

Mix in the eggs slowly, one egg at a time, beating after each addition.

Add vanilla extract.

In another bowl sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Add the flour mixture slowly to the egg mixture. Don't over mix.

Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula. Leave a handful for decoration.

Pour batter in the pan and level the top.

Sprinkle the handful of the remaining chocolate chips.On top of this sprinkle cinnamon sugar.
 

Bake for about 35 min or until a tooth pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.

Eat and enjoy.   


Looking back:
Kiwi and Apple Jam from Ma Niche 



Brazilian Cheese Bread from the Scent of Oranges


Post image for Recipe: Flourless Cinnamon Pumpkin Raisin Cookies (Paleo, SCD, GAPS)Flourless Cinnamon Pumpkin Raisin Cookies from Real  Food Forager
Linked to See Ya at the Gumbo   Simple Sunday Tuesday

It is your turn:


Comments

  1. I loooooooooove everything with chocolate chip, including cakes!!
    Thanks for the party Chaya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for hosting! ;) This week I'm sharing my Guilt-Free Pecan Pie Cookies that are Paleo & vegan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the party, Chaya. I brought pasta...with nuts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking, Chaya. I love adding cinnamon to chocolate.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for hosting, Chaya. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also thank you for sharing this simple and delicious coffee cake recipe at Simple Supper Tuesday.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost