Pumpkin Pie Muffins - Sweet Debbie

I have to share my excitement with you about a cookbook which was sent to me to review.  It is Sweet Debbies Organic Treats.  If you can't eat everything or thought you couldn't, turn to Sweet Debbie for doors to open to delicious baked goods that have no gluten, no dairy, no soy, no egg, no sugar and no nuts.  Despite this, the recipes are winners and it is amazing how they are made with simple changes in the recipe.

I didn't have all the ingredients, called for, but it is only gluten that is an issue in my home so I have not looked for ways to make up for dairy or sugar.  I am guessing that many of you who do not include these in your diet, have items that I don't.

My first problem was how to to pick a recipe from so many good looking ones.  You know how I love muffins so that is where I started looking.  My favorite is Dillicious Herb-Stuffed Muffins.  You know how I love savory treats.  This one hides cauliflower in it and lots of other tasty ingredients.  I made pumpkin pie muffins and decided to stick to the recipe although, under normal circumstances, I would use eggs.  They worked and were delicious.


There are chapters for brownies, cookies, bread and the one that I want to make every one of, Donut Holes. I can't decide between the apple fritter donut holes, the blueberry streusel, or the coconut crunch.  I left out the chocolate, the pumpkin, the cardomom, and the vanilla bean.  You get the idea?  There are even bagels and pretzels.

Need is a great motivator and when Debbie found that her son had “life-threatening allergies to almost every food in the USDA pyramid, except salt,” she took action. She not only wrote this book. First, she opened a bakery, Sweet Debbie's Organic Cupcakes and she is a success.

The book is also a success. If you or someone you know is challenged with any of the ingredients, left out of this book, I think this will help you make the necessary changes in a simple way, to eat a delicious diet with lots of treats. This is a book sensitive to those who have had to change their diets and thought they would not eat baked goods again. In a sensitive, educated way, Debbie makes it apparent, we can eat and enjoy.

I am glad I have added this book to my collection and envision it stained and wrinkled in the near future, a sign of use and good eating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost