Apple Kugel - Gluten Free


Today was my baking day for at least part of Chanukah.  I made both cakes for the party and for our Shabbos (Sabbath) company and of course gluten-free for Hubby.  My son who is coming with his family for Shabbos asked for an apple kugel.  I have made many of these, over the years, and I now know that I like them when they have large chunks of apple inside and lots of it.  Any recipe, I draw on, I alter to fulfill these requirements.


Gluten-Free Apple Kugel

Ingredients:


 3 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1 teaspoon orange juice
1 cup gluten-free flour mixture
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 apples, chunked into about 1/2 inch pieces

Topping:
1/3 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 cup gluten free flour (I used brown rice flour.)

Method:


 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.   Grease an 8×8 square baking pan with spray cooking oil.

Mix together eggs, oil, brown sugar, and orange juice.
 

In a separate bowl, combine baking powder, cinnamon salt, and gluten-free flour mix. Add to wet mixture and stir to combine.

Stir in apples until well coated in batter and spread evenly into baking dish.


Top with cinnamon sugar mixture.
 

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes until a toothpick or thin knife inserted, comes out dry.

Eat and enjoy.

I found a new and wonderful party smaller.  Using ingredients from the pantry the goal is to cook according to a theme.  The theme for November is 30 MINUTES OR LESS.

I had everything I needed in the house.  I always have apples and all the baking ingredients are a part of my baking shelf in the pantry.  For the first month, this turned out to be convenient since I just found this new party, ten minutes ago.

I confess, I came back to the blog and looked at recent posts to see if they fit and I think this one did.  Voila, my pantry pick.

Here is the page for the December information and the guidelines for the party.  Anything Goes is a good one for such a busy month.  We can see what we need to make and then take a peek in our pantry.  January is soup.  Sound like fun.  Join me on my new venture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost