Kalyn's Egg Muffins



Every time, I vist  KalynsKitchen, I come away with a recipe.  It happened once again and I have discovered an easy and delicious, breakfast, lunch or snack recipe.

This is a "mix the ingredients and put them into muffin tins and bake" recipe.  What do the kids say? Easy Shmeezy or something like that.

I made 6 muffins and a small casserole that I added some heat to since hubby likes everything mild.  Hubby tasted mine and let out a shriek, "that's hot" and went back to eating his muffins.  I admit it, I really made them hot with cayenne pepper and a heavy hand.

Kalyn recommends using lots of veggies for a healthier variety and I used red pepper, corn and spinach.  I think any vegetable would work with this.  Any spice would as well.  Even the choice of cheese should be left open to your liking.

I made about a third of the recipe but Kalyn says these can be saved or even frozen so next time around, I plan to make the whole recipe.

Kalyn's Egg Muffins

Ingredients:

12 eggs  
seasoning of choice 
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1-2 cups grated low fat cheese (I used a Mexican cheese blend)
Optional, but highly recommended, 3 green onions diced small.
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1 cup corn
2 cups spinach (microwaved for 2 minutes and chopped roughly)
 Method:
 Preheat oven to 375 F. 
Line muffin tins and spray liners
Mix eggs and vegetables.  Add cheese and seasoning and continue to mix.
  
Pour egg into each muffin cup until it is 3/4 full. 
 Bake 25-35 minutes until muffins have risen and are slightly browned and set.  Mine took 35 minutes.

For Kalyn's recipe and more information about these truly delicious egg muffins, go on over to Kalyn's.  She has step by step directions with great photos.  Thanks Kalyn.


Comments

  1. So glad you enjoyed them, and thanks for the nice shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Chaya, I am a lover of eggs!! I could eat them three times a day. I love meals such as this.
    Blessings dear. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love protein rich muffins. These look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooooooooove the recipe - spinach and cheese!!
    Great, and the muffins also look GOOD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost