My Meatless Mondays - Apricot Kabocha Squash

If you don't mind baking a squash and adding a little jelly, you have the easiest,creamiest sweet side dish that goes with almost anything.

 I have been in love with kabocha since I came across it. It has this natural sweetness and wonderful texture and like all squash is versatile in its use. When I bought this kabocha, I had planned to fuss with it, but at the last minute, I had little time to do something with it. I stuck it in the oven and figured if worse came to worse, I would mash it and serve it plain. Plain kabocha squash is delicious.

As it turns out, I made one change to this, I added two tablespoons of apricot jelly to the squash, mashed it and served it. How easy can you get? I baked it for an hour at 350 Degrees.

Looking back:  

Hot Deviled Turnovers by We Like to Cook  
I think, I could eat a dozen of these.

 
 Chocolate Mousse from The Scent of Orange
If you knew how much I like chocolate mousse you would see how I am drawn to this delicious choice.



This is from one of my favorite bloggers and it sounds amazing.  Baked Mushroom Macaroni from Kocina de Pinay in Singapura
Baked Tuna Mushroom Macaroni
This is another of Winnie's fabulous challahs.  Ask her, how many times, I asked her to move next door so I could eat her delicious cakes and breads?   



Now, do tell what you are bringing to the table this week.  Thanks for making the change to Bizzy Bakes with me.

Comments

  1. Thank you soooooooooo much Chaya for the feature!!
    ❤ ❤
    One day when you make "Aliya", I will be so happy to bake challahs for you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi chaya, i have something to share on meatless monday this week, will come back later to link. That's a easy and delicious way to enjoy squash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. I haven't shared in a while, so playing catch up and sharing a few of my most recent recipes. Some fun seasonal ones included. :-)

    Have a great night.

    Be Well,
    --Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I wouldn't have thought of putting apricot with squash. Fascinating! Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the party. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chaya,

    Oh wow...Thank a lot. You made my week again.. So sorry for coming over so late. I guess my schedule is getting crazy these days. I brought my Nuttela Fitnesse Fruit Mix Squares... a product of left over in my cupboard.I hope you like them.Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This may win as easiest side dish ever! Thank you for sharing.

    One day I will have a meatless dish to share, Chaya. We've been so bad lately with meat consumption. Tends to happen this time of year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost