Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Pizza


Hey, Hey Donna Hay, what are you dreaming up for us today.  How about Pumpkin and Goat Cheese Pizza?  That is the name of the recipe we from the WWDH group are supposed to be making, this week.  Since I had butternut squash but not pumpkin, I subbed it in, and I am sure it is as good.  This recipe is found in Modern Classics 1 on page 78 and it was chosen by Kayte.

Now, this is a strange combination and I am not sure how we feel about it.  It is not that it was not good.  It was simply different and calling it pizza sounds strange.  I used Katz's gluten-free pizza crust for the base....no making my own if I can help it - on a school day.  This was another easy recipe from our gal, Donna.

As a Kosher Jew, I could not use meat that was called for and you can see what the other ladies made and how that worked out.  I also did not use thyme.  Yesterday, temptation got the best of me and I bought a new spice called Sweet and Spicy and I just had to try it out.  It is good and I can see using it on lots of dishes.  I sprinkled the spice on the cheese and squash and sprayed it with olive oil and baked for 15 minutes and voila, this is my masterpiece.

But wait!!!!!!!!  I had extra pieces of squash and nothing to do with them so I made a Butternut Squash Smoothie.  I can't give you the exact recipe because I kept adding to the blender.....squash, vanilla yogurt, ice cubes, brown sugar and whiz.  It was good and I think hubby would have liked it better if he thought it was pumpkin or peaches.

Check out Gaye, Margaret, Sarah and Kayte     Please feel free to join us.  Check with any of the members and we will let you know what we plan to cook or bake.

Comments

  1. Your pizza looks great. Hmmm, a smoothie is an interesting idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great and I like the idea of combining butternut and cheese :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this pizza - I think it's a great combination. Butternut squash smoothie also sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I figured you might have an issue with the meat, but I'm happy you got to make a version of it anyway. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you mean about spices. I bought some 7-spice at the Mediterranean. Market. Haven't used it yet, but..... This was different. I liked it more without the pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost