Skillet Spaghetti Squash

I am like a kid with spaghetti squash.  I enjoy pulling out the strands and seeing "almost" spaghetti strands.  You can do so much with this squash.  You can sub it in, in place of spaghetti.  You can mix it up with a sauce of any kind, mix it with vegetables, add some chopped meat or chicken or flake some fish into it.

I came across Paula Deen's recipe and decided to try it.

Skillet Spaghetti Squash    (adapted from Paula Deen)

Ingredients:

1 spaghetti squash

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 medium onion, chopped

1/2 green pepper, sliced

1/2 red pepper, sliced

1 teaspoon sesame oil

2 tablespoons orange marmalade

1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Procedure
Microwave spaghetti squash, cut in halves for about 7 minutes until you can pull out the strands with a fork.  (You can bake this in an oven for 40 minutes, if you prefer.)
While squash is cooking, put olive oil in a large skillet.  Add onions and cook  for about 6 minutes, until onions are translucent and start to brown. Add bell peppers and cook for another 3 minutes.  I left the peppers rather crisp.
Add sesame oil, teriyaki sauce, orange marmalade,  black pepper and if you would like, salt.  Cook until the marmalade melts and you can mix it throughout the squash.
Serve in bowls and enjoy.

Thanks Paula.

Comments

  1. Mmmmm Yummy!
    Check out my blog: http://bakingcraze.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spaghetti squash always makes me feel like a kid because we ate it when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks good! I'll have to try it sometime. I have a recipe for spaghetti squash that I think you will like. It involves feta, sundried tomatoes and basil. I'll post it soon and share it with your blog.

    Thanks for the recipe!

    Julie
    Jamscorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum! My spaghetti squash is just beginning to rippen and I look forward to trying this recipe out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds good. I am pinning it to try when my Spaghetti Squash is ready in the garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. following from the blog hop and sending this recipy to my mom she loves spaghetti squash. http://mommaof3-littlebits.blogspot.com/2012/06/trudeaus-stress-less-kitchen-toolsi.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the contrast of the marmalade and the teriyaki sauce in this yummy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds delicious!! Thank you for sharing on Fit and Fabulous Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost