Monday, June 11, 2012

Chocolate Chip Wontons - compliments of Wonton Warrior


Wonton Warrior has been a busy person, dictating to us, what kind of wontons to make and what other tricks there are for the use of wontons.  For example, sprinkle with a  little cinnamon and sugar and bake and you have delicate cookies.


When he said the word, chocolate, both Bizzy and I jumped for joy.  Chocolate can't be beat.  I found this recipe on Yummily and it has the most endearing name - Ridiculously Easy 4-Ingredient Chocolate Chip Wontons.  I made half the recipe and  should have made more.

I served these at the family barbecue and the first reaction of people was "Chocolate in a wonton?"  That makes sense since, wontons are more often found in soup than as a dessert.  I made them with Tofutti cream cheese but I recommend that you use real cream cheese.

Here are your four ingredients.

Chocolate Chip Wontons  half a recipe


4 ounces whipped cream cheese
1 1/2  tablespoons sugar
3/4 cup of chocolate chips
15 wonton wrappers

(plus water to seal wontons and powdered sugar to sprinkle on wontons, if  you choose)

Method:

Heat oil in pot or deep sided skillet.

Combine cream cheese and sugar and beat until smooth.  (Since I use whipped cream cheese, it is easy to do and I do it by hand.  The Tofutti cream cheese also needed no beaters.)  Stir in chocolate chips. 


Lay out about 6 wontons and put a tablespoon of mixture in the middle of each wrapper.  (For the round wontons, that is too much and it would ooze out.  I used more like a teaspoon.)


Wet edges of wontons with water and seal tightly.   Do a good job here.


Drop wontons into the hot oil (very carefully) and cook for about a minute until both sides are golden.  Drain on paper towels.


Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.  Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. You do the most amazing things with wonton wrappers! These sound super yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chaya! I just wanted to let you know that I am passing the Sunshine Award on to you! Thank you for inspiring me :) This link will take you to the award! Be blessed! (Btw, I love how versatile won ton and egg roll wrappers are - aren't they just the greatest things?)

    http://www.lovebakesgoodcakes.com/2012/06/chocolate-malted-buttercream-frosting.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow these choco-wontons look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate chip is my favorite kind of chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would hv never thought choc and cream cheese in a wonton..really interesting! i only know putting meat in them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I just got a rush thinking about taking a bite of one of these! This is the type of recipe in which I make and consider myself spoiled! :) Thanks for sharing such yumminess!

    ReplyDelete
  7. maybe some chocolate dipping sauce? This could be used for banana walnut wontons too! with maple dipping sauce? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.