Chocolate Chip Wontons - compliments of Wonton Warrior


Wonton Warrior has been a busy person, dictating to us, what kind of wontons to make and what other tricks there are for the use of wontons.  For example, sprinkle with a  little cinnamon and sugar and bake and you have delicate cookies.


When he said the word, chocolate, both Bizzy and I jumped for joy.  Chocolate can't be beat.  I found this recipe on Yummily and it has the most endearing name - Ridiculously Easy 4-Ingredient Chocolate Chip Wontons.  I made half the recipe and  should have made more.

I served these at the family barbecue and the first reaction of people was "Chocolate in a wonton?"  That makes sense since, wontons are more often found in soup than as a dessert.  I made them with Tofutti cream cheese but I recommend that you use real cream cheese.

Here are your four ingredients.

Chocolate Chip Wontons  half a recipe


4 ounces whipped cream cheese
1 1/2  tablespoons sugar
3/4 cup of chocolate chips
15 wonton wrappers

(plus water to seal wontons and powdered sugar to sprinkle on wontons, if  you choose)

Method:

Heat oil in pot or deep sided skillet.

Combine cream cheese and sugar and beat until smooth.  (Since I use whipped cream cheese, it is easy to do and I do it by hand.  The Tofutti cream cheese also needed no beaters.)  Stir in chocolate chips. 


Lay out about 6 wontons and put a tablespoon of mixture in the middle of each wrapper.  (For the round wontons, that is too much and it would ooze out.  I used more like a teaspoon.)


Wet edges of wontons with water and seal tightly.   Do a good job here.


Drop wontons into the hot oil (very carefully) and cook for about a minute until both sides are golden.  Drain on paper towels.


Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.  Enjoy!

Comments

  1. You do the most amazing things with wonton wrappers! These sound super yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chaya! I just wanted to let you know that I am passing the Sunshine Award on to you! Thank you for inspiring me :) This link will take you to the award! Be blessed! (Btw, I love how versatile won ton and egg roll wrappers are - aren't they just the greatest things?)

    http://www.lovebakesgoodcakes.com/2012/06/chocolate-malted-buttercream-frosting.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow these choco-wontons look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate chip is my favorite kind of chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would hv never thought choc and cream cheese in a wonton..really interesting! i only know putting meat in them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I just got a rush thinking about taking a bite of one of these! This is the type of recipe in which I make and consider myself spoiled! :) Thanks for sharing such yumminess!

    ReplyDelete
  7. maybe some chocolate dipping sauce? This could be used for banana walnut wontons too! with maple dipping sauce? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost