Nutty Sweet Potato Patties



I wish I had taken a photo of the following:

Last night hubby and I were going for a ride in his new car.  We don't buy new cars so this is really special for us.  It is a simple car, nothing extravagant but it is new with the odor that comes with a new car.  It looks almost sterile without anything personal in it, yet.  Wait until next week and I am sure it will have a "lived-in" feeling to it.

This was the first time, I was getting a ride in it.  I still have no driven it.  My husband said, "Meet me in the car and we will take a ride."   Who could turn down this offer?

Hubby went out to the car and I had to get something so I followed a few minutes later.  As I walk to the car, I see him with the phone, in his hand, sitting in the back seat.  I could not imagine what he was doing in the back but it did make sense that he was exploring.

As I got near the car, he started to laugh.  He was locked in the car.  Evidently, the dealer left the child lock, locked.  He could not get out.  I tried the door with little success.  He did something inside the car and said, "Try again."

This time, it would have opened but I decided to let him stew a bit.  He was having too much fun.  After a few more false tries, I let him out.

He is a good sport and found the whole situation comical.  So did I.

To make it up to him, I made these Nutty Sweet Potato Patties.  Yes, they look like burgers.

Nutty Sweet  Potato Patties

Ingredients:

2 large sweet potatoes or yams, cubed
water to cover sweet potatoes
microwave
1 cup GF oats
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cardamom
1 teaspoon smoked red paprika
1 teaspoon minced onion
1/2 cup toasted pecan pieces

Procedure:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees 
Place sweet potato cubes in medium-large bowl.  Cover with water.  Microwave for about ten minutes,
While oven is heating up and sweet potatoes are cooking, combine all  of the ingredients together.
Add cooked sweet potatoes to other ingredients and put into food processor.  Run until well blended.
Remove the mixture and shape into patties.  Put patties in a greased dish. into a 400 degree oven.  Bake for 20 minutes.

These are yummy.

Comments

  1. Ha! I've been locked in from the child locks before. It was irritating but kind of funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor thing! but i guess that must be really funny that he can laughed about it. hmm..actually not a bad idea to hv this as burgers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound great! You have oats in the ingredients twice, is it 1 or 2 cups? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your car story, hilarious, poor hubby! I LOVE sweet potatoes, and your recipe sounds awesome, I have to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee hee! Too funny about the car!!!
    This recipe looks very yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost