You are My Sunshine

Getting an award is huge to me.  I know one has to pass it on but one has to select, in whatever say, the person chooses to do it, and that means someone thought of me.  I don't take that for granted.  I know that I give a lot of thought to who I give awards to.  These are the questions, I ask myself.


Have I give the person an award before?
Is the person a new blogger?
Is the person new to me?
What is it that I like about the person's blog?
How do I make it meaningful to the receiver?


Since it is about three years that I have been blessed to receive and give awards, I have had the opportunity to ponder over this and I can only say to whoever I pass this along to, it is because I respect you and I like you.  In some cases, I simply want to get to know you better.  At this point, I have not decided who to share this with but that happens after I answer all the questions and I am more into the whole scene.


I thank Jamie from Love Bakes Good Cakes  who gave me this with the homework that goes along with it.  Growl just a little.


I have a confession to make.  Jamie is really new to me but when we exchanged comments AT each other, I liked her.  When I went to her blog for the first time, I knew I really liked her and thought to myself, this is the kind of person, I would give an award to.  Honestly.  Then, I find in my mail a note that she had given me an award.  I am hoping, it is a great mind kind of moment.  (For those of you who have known me longer, you also know, I have never written anything like this.)


Thanks Jamie.  This means a lot to me and if it was all right, I would give this back to you, as one of my recipients to express my gratitude.  Yes, I love what you can do with wontons, also.




"The Sunshine Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers. The recipients of the Sunshine Award are: "Bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogoshere." The way the award works is this: Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. Answer 10 questions about yourself. Select 10 of your favorite bloggers, link their blogs to your post and let them know they have been awarded the Sunshine Award! Don't forget to copy and paste the award on your blog!"

Ten questions just for you:

1. Favorite color: It has been blue since I was a young child but I am thinking apricot has replaced it.

2. Favorite animal:  Never thought of having a favorite animal but ever since I heard the story of the cat who stayed with the abandoned baby, keeping her warm, until help came, I have decided on cats. Cats tend to love me and they give birth at my house even though they are not mine.  Sidebar:  A neighbor's cat jumped through a window and gave birth in our linen closet.  A stray cat saw me sitting on the stoop and came over to give birth.  Don't cats hide out when they birth their kittens?

3. Favorite number: 2, 3, 10, 18 ...... right, I don't have one.

4. Favorite drink: Water is what I drink the most.  Does that make it my favorite?  I don't like tea.  I drink coffee.  No soda.  No plain milk.  My calcium comes from cheese, lots and lots of cheese.

5. Facebook or Twitter: I am not avoiding the answers.  I rarely go on either of these.  Facebook is probably more than Twitter because I go to see the photos of family members and mostly, my grandchildren.  I use both for my blogging posts and not for personal use.  I rarely write anything there.  I am looking for ways to be more effective with Facebook.

6. Good Book or a Good Movie: It has to be books.  I love to read and have loved to read since I learned how.  When, I was a child, I decided to read every book in the public library from A to Z.  I never finished A.

7. My Passion: I could say family and friends which is true but I would rather take an interest.  My passion is teaching and more important my students.  My goal in teaching is to reach each child and work on pulling out his potential.  I firmly believe if the child is happy, the child will achieve more in school and in life.  This is not at the expense of teaching the material.  They go hand in hand.  A few minutes of caring means hours of sharing and in school sharing is learning.

8. Giving or getting presents: I am not a good giver or receiver.  I don't know how to select the right presents.  I get more joy from giving than from getting.  As much fun as it is to get a gift, I really want, there is something special about making another smile.

9. Favorite day of the year: One day?  The Jewish holidays are the most special.  Passover and Succos.  They are times for friends and family.  They are times of good food and tradition.  They are times of holiness.

10. Favorite flowers: roses.

I am joyously giving this to the following people:

Create With Joy - the name of the blog says it all.  It is a blog filled with joy and thoughts.

Winnie from Something Sweet has the best baking in Blogosphere and I am not slighting anyone else.  Many of you are fabulous.

Joyce from Kitchen Flavours is a baking buddy and  has introduced me to two new wonderful groups.  I owe her big time.

Anita from Aunt Nubby's Kitchen is a lady with class and style and you see it, in both her recipes and her photos.

ThatGirl from Paved With Good Intentions who has the cutest little one and I love her comments.

Mary from Living with Food Allergies and Celiac  which is a "stop in your tracks" name and she brings pure joy to it and helps anyone who is limited in food choices great ideas to make it easier. 

MJ from MJ's Kitchen - Look at the photo on  her blog and see that smile and you will know why I chose her.

Pam of Pam's Kitchen Corner who I've known for a while and from day one, have enjoyed getting to know her and reading her blog.  I don't get there enough, these days.
 Must change that, immediately.

 Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids - the name of the blog says it all.  I think, it is great when people pick a name that demonstrates such a positive attitude.  She is also a baking buddy.

Lyndsey from the Tiny Skillet and two other blogs. Having all those blogs and still being upbeat surely deserves an award.  She is also a good cook. Go and see for yourself.

Look at this page and just imagine what SpellCheck did with it.  I am leaving the markings although I doubt that they will show up.  It is worth the try.

Thanks to all of you and congratulations on an award you surely deserve and thanks for bringing sunshine into the world.

  


Comments

  1. CONGRATULATIONS Chaya
    You really deserve this award!

    I thank you very much for sharing it with me, I'm very honored!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chaya,
    Congratulations on the Sunshine award. And it is really nice to know more about you, the person behind this lovely blog.
    Thank you so much for passing it on to me, I really appreciate your sweet thoughts! And it is an honour to have known you even though it is via our blogs. Thank you for being a baking buddy! :)
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award! And thanks for passing it on to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you, you are so deserving of the Sunshine award! Thank you so much for honoring me with the award too, I'm in super great company!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to YOU my sunshine lady! You definitely deserve this award and many, many more! I'm extremely flattered that you chose me as one of your 10 recipients! What an honor and what a very nice thing to say! I love the answers to your questions and want to warn you that I will probably have some of the same exact answers! :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend and thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Chaya, for receiving this award! Not only was it well deserved, your post was one of the most enjoyable awards posts I have read in a long time! :-)

    Thank you also for passing this award on to me! It truly means a lot to me, especially after reading your post!

    I always enjoy visiting your blog and seeing the delicious recipes you are making! I am now following you through Linky & Pinterest by the way!

    Have an awesome weekend & I look forward to seeing you at Inspire Me Monday! :-)

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww thanks - I'm internet blushing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chaya, you truly were a deserving soul...you'r site always is a ray of sunshine when I visit ☺ I appreciate the time and effort you put into each and every recipe you post! And, I am honored that you passed this Award on to me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost