“Eggs-pect the Best"

 EB Home Feature
Setting up a brunch is truly fun.  For weeks, I thought of ideas, how to present it.  Of course, eggs were to be the highlight but in truth, I use eggs, in my recipes, so there was no stressing over dishes to make.  I made some egg dishes where egg was the key ingredient and I baked and used more Eggland eggs.

“Eggs-pect the Best" is a fitting description. I did “Eggs-pect the Best" and I got the best. I will take credit for my cooking but I give Eggland's Best, the credit for the quality of eggs. I never thought about differences in eggs before. That has changed. Like everything in life, there is good, better and best.  So Eggs-pect the Best with Eggland's Best.

We had a successful brunch with lots of good food, if I say so myself.  I set up the table with stations.

* Potato Bar
* Egg Muffins, Frittata, Egg Salad
* Salads

* Cheese

* Cakes and Muffins


My potato omelet muffins was delicious and fun to eat.  I like serving ready to eat small portions.  It is a lot easier than having to cut up food into serving sized pieces.  I am always making minis and this time, was no different.

Potato Omelet Muffin

5 medium potatoes

8 eggs
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 scallions, chopped
2 tablespoons chives, chopped
1 cup cheese of choice (I used a spiced mozzarella)
1 red pepper, diced

1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sour cream (low-fat)

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray cooking oil in each muffin insert in a 12 cup muffin tin, regular size.


In a large skillet, put the butter and half the olive oil. Use remaining oil if needed. 

Cook the red pepper and scallions for 3 minutes.  Add chives and cook for 1 additional minute.  Remove from pan and replace with potatoes. 

I sliced the potatoes on my mandolin on the thinnest slice and the potatoes were actually translucent.  

Cook potatoes for 10 minutes until slightly browned .  Stir every 2 or 3 minutes.

While potatoes are cooking, mix milk, eggs, sour cream and cheese. Add peppers, scallions and chives to egg mixture.

Place potatoes on the bottom of each muffin  insert.

Spoon the mixture into each muffin compartment, covering sliced potatoes.

Bake for 30 minutes. I put a sharp knife in the middle of a few, like we do for baked goods, to make sure I did not have soft eggs.   

In the oven, these were blown up to have beautiful puffy tops, which collapsed, upon removing them from the oven.  Although, not as pretty as with the puffs, they made up for this in taste.  

Options:  These would be even better, in my opinion, with Cheddar Cheese.  Any cheese would work though.

Add 2 tablespoons of cream cheese and I think, a creamier muffin would result.  (These are not real muffins.  They just look like them.)
My next post is going to include a giveaway and more information on the recipe contest.  Hopefully, I can get it done, after work.
 
***Thanks to Emily who has held my hand throughout this and helped me work out the logistics so I could have this opportunity.***
 
Recipe Linky     Real Food Wednesday    Cast Party Wednesday    Gluten Free Wednesday

Comments

  1. Brunch is my favorite meal. Your should scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those muffins look and sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These muffins look sooooooooooo good!
    I really like your recipes, and I'm definitely gonna try this one

    BTW - nice new look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to giving this recipe a try! I like the idea of 'mini' portions. Every time I make something, I find myself struggling to cut this up to serving portion...cut that up...and it goes on and on. I do hope that you will hop over and share this with us in our recipe hop this week. It will be open until midnight tonight ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. i dont think i've made a savoury muffin of this kind, potato sounds like a good savoury muffin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eggs are such a natural part of brunch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great, I love the addition of the potatoes. I am always looking for egg recipes, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! Growing up, my mom made an egg and potato dish during Lent when we couldn't eat meat. It wasn't this fancy though! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever idea! Thank you for sahring it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look GOOD! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a really beautiful breakfast or brunch recipe.. lovely thanks for sharing it on foodie friday

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful photographs! Your brunch menu sounds delicious, and I really like your wonderful omelette recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a delicious breakfast treat! Thank you for sharing at Fit and Fabulous Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost