Feta Stuffed Tomatoes

I have made a decision which I am going to work with, this summer. Can you sense my hesitancy? My decision is to make myself a decent lunch, each day, Monday through Thursday. Usually, those are days, I will plan as I go along. 

Since the teaching year is over, I will, in some way, divide my days between pleasure activities, prep work for next year and appointments that I want to fit in.  Eating is part of each of these days and my normal way of handling this, in the summer, is to eat anything, on hand, at the particular moment, I have time to eat.


My plans are to change this.  I am just not sure, my actions will keep up with these standards.  I will share some of my good meals with you.  Cheer me on, please.  


For lunch today, I had something delicious, feta stuffed tomato.  Feta hold its own in flavor and the flavor shone through but it was tempered with the onions and parsley.  It came together with the most delicious taste and I am going to look for ways to use feta cheese, in other recipes, combining it with different spices.

I have no idea where this recipe comes from.  I found it, in several places, the same ingredients and instructions.  Yummily and Food.com are an example of two of these sites.

Feta Stuffed Tomatoes (for 1 or 2)

Ingredients:

1 tomato (save the pulp)
1 ounce feta cheese
1 tablespoon taco chip crumbs

1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped scallions
1 teaspoon olive oil (the recipe I took this from called for two tablespoons but I could see no reason for it and I am avoiding fats, when possible.

Cut a large tomato in half, horizontally.  Scoop out pulp and place in small bowl.  
Keeping tomato half intact, discard seeds.  Chop the pulp.
Add to the pulp, feta cheese, taco chip crumbs, scallions, parsley and olive oil.
Mix together and spoon into tomato shells.  Place on  a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or not).  
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes.

Yummy eating!   


Linked to these wonderful blogs: Hearth and Soul Hop     Slightly Indulgent Tuesday      Fat Tuesday    Tuesday Talent Show at Chef in Training       Naptime Creations Tasty Tuesday Link Party 
Tastetastic Thursday     Sweet Treats and Swanky Stuff    Pennywise Platter Thursday    Frugal food thursdays      Tastetastic Thursday (A little nosh),       Full Plate Thursday


Please check out the above blogs for tons of recipes.

Comments

  1. I love the taste of Tomatoes along with Feta.. although its a high fat content Cheese, I still savor it sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a treat when I have it. This was a super combination.

      Delete
  2. I love tomatoes stuffed with almost anything! Feta sounds great. Good luck with your lunch mission!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your support on my lunch mission. I need it. Let's see what I do tomorrow.

      Try tomatoes filled with spinach and cheese, if you haven't before. It is good and looks pretty.

      Delete
  3. This sounds super yummy! Can't wait to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terry, It is so simple that it is worth a try. I love easy and delicious and not time consuming.

      Delete
  4. What a delicious way to serve tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tomato with feta cheese sounds delicious and these looks really good! This would be perfect for any meal! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love feta cheese, and with tomatoes, it sounds really refreshing! - Mich@Piece of Cake

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stuffing for these tomatoes sounds so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is a fabulous decision on your part.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Feta Stuffed Tomatoes look wonderful, the perfect delicious and nutritious lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you are having a great week and enjoy your new Red Plate!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost