Pear Pinwheel and Hazelnut Cake - THB




The Home Bakers organized by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours  is a group who are baking from the book,  "Coffee Cakes" by Lou Seibert Pappas .  We plan to complete the book, recipe by recipe.  This is our 4th bake, my 3rd.

 So far, I have liked all three cakes and so has hubby.  That speaks well for the book and for Lour Seibert Pappas.

For the 4th THB bake,Pear Pinwheel and Hazelnut Cake, was chosen by Zoe, Bake For Happy Kids.  
You will find the recipe on her blog.  She has made any changes, she personally made, are highlighted so you have the original recipe and her recipe. 

I was surprised at how flat the came was but I see that everyone had the same look for their cakes.  We both loved the cake which means, no one else got a piece.  No, we are not selfish.  I made a chocolate cake to share.  Actually, this one was made gluten-free and the chocolate was made for everyone.


Just a cute note.  I mistyped chocolate and it came out spelled chocolale before correction.  It made me think of a boy in my class who wrote a paper on chocolate and spelled chocolate incorrectly, each time, he used it.  (Of course, Spell Check is going to give me a hard time with this.)

Comments

  1. Hi Chaya,
    Lovely cake! My daughter enjoys it more than me!
    Glad that both you and hubby enjoyed this cake! I'm looking forward to the next one.
    Wish you a wonderful and delicious weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chaya,
    Lovely pictures! Great results with your cake! My DH likes this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chaya, looks good. You baked the pears with the skin on? - Mich@Piece of Cake

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi chaya, looks so moist and yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Chaya,
    Your cake looks great. Everyone at my place loved it too. Great recipe using fruits.
    Regards,
    Anuja

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of this cake, with it's wonderful flavors, bet it tasted delicious with such moist crumbs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have pears that need to be used up in a hurry. This tasty dish looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi chaya, your cake looks good even though you said it's lopsided which i dont really see it! glad to hear that you're enjoying baking with the group, me too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone who's made this has raved about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cake looks beautiful Chaya! It's a really moist cake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Chaya,

    Your cake looks lovely! I wasn't surprised at all that the cake is flat because there is no raising agent in it. I was a little worried at first before baking the cake and glad that it is a good cake :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost