Yellow Squash Crustless Quiche - The Picnic Game


While our friend, Louise brings cheer into our lives throughout the year, she particularly does so when she organizes the SOCIAL EVENT of the year, our online picnic with the most outstanding variety of foods.  Louise can be found  at Months of Edible Celebrations where you will find the fascinating information and delicious recipes.  It is a treat to visit there each day so go on over and enjoy yourselves.

I love this picnic and usually, I choose a difficult letter, but let me clue you all in, there is no such thing as a difficult letter.  This year, I have Y and I decided before hand, if I ran into a problem, my dish would be called Yummy something but there are yams and yellow squash, yogurt and yolks and Yakbraten.

I ended up making this delicious Yellow squash Crustless Quiche.  My inspiration came from Sally's Baking Addiction, a place you should surely visit.


The Parmesan on the top of the quiche turned an ugly dark brown but tasted great.  In the future, I would put the Parmesan on for the last ten minutes.  As a result, you have a limited photo and I do apologize.

Yellow Squash Crustless Quiche

1 yellow squash
1 zucchini (Together the zucchini and yellow squash made two cups.)
1 large red bell pepper, chopped 

1 large onion, thin sliced
4 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2/3 cup shredded  Cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese

Method:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

I recently got a square electric skillet which I love and I used that to make this dish.  


Spray a skillet with nonstick spray. 

Add sliced squash and onion, yellow squash, zucchini and chopped  red pepper to prepared skillet.

Stir frequently, cook for 7 minutes or until veggies are tender. Spoon into prepared pie plate and allow to cool as you prepare the egg mixture.

Add shredded cheese on top of vegetables.

Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk  and black pepper together until thoroughly combined. 

Pour the egg mixture on top of shredded cheese. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.

Bake for 45 minutes or until filling is set. 

Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before slicing and serving. 

 
Come to the picnic to get a taste of this dish.

We are going to a picnic and we are bringing.........


A-Angel Food Cake

B-Basil Leaves in Caramelized Prawns

C-Chicken Piccata

D-Darned Easy Potato Salad

E-Eccles Cakes filled with Leeks, Spinach and Blue Cheese

F-Fourth of July Picnic S'more Tartlets

G-Gluten-Free & Eggless Chocolate Steamed Cake

H-Ham Cheesy Patties

I- Italian Frittata with Vegetables

J- Jelly Roll

K-Kahlua Zucchini Chocolate Chunk Bread

L-Lemon Lavender Cupcakes

M-Meringue Roulade with Raspberries

N-Nutella Rice Pudding

O-Old-Time Favorite Iced Red Bean Popsicles

P-Pickles

Q-Quinoa Blueberry Mango Salad

R-Raspberry & Fig Cobbler

S-Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream (Helado de frutillas y cheesecake)

T- Two-Ingredient Ice Cream Bread

U-

V- Vegan Mango Salsa

W-Watermelon Salad

X- “Xmas Coconut Wreath Cake”

Y- Yellow Squash Crustless Quiche

Linked to  Freedom Fridays     Real Food Friday    Fight Back Friday      Foodie Friday

Comments

  1. Oh dear Chaya, what a lovely introduction to the Picnic Game, thank you:)

    I jst happen to like brown crusts especially on quiche! and what a delicious sounding quiche it is. I never remember to mix yellow squash and zucchini. They "play" well together:) I'm sure your Quiche is delicious and I will certainly be looking to try it at the Picnic Game!!! Thank you so much for joining in on the fun Chaya. I just looked back on previous games and if I'm right, you've been "playing" since 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Chaya, Love this picnic and wish we could all sit together and enjoy. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a difficult letter, but your recipe sounds really good, really picnic-y and you can sit next to me!

    One advantage of the picnic game is to find other bloggers, and I'll be checking on your blog now from time to time... I'm very interested in Jewish food history, so I'll be checking out your various cooking choices. I noticed your apple kugle recipe from a few weeks ago -- that is one dish with an interesting history.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com ... letter "C" for chicken piccata (which could be kosher without changing anything other than buying the right chicken)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun at the picnic! The quiche sounds delicious – I love summer squash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chaya I love this dish - recently I have really been into vegetables and squash sounds really lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chaya!
    Love the idea of a crustless quiche for your picnic offering! And with wonderful summer squashs too. I'm always looking for new recipe for squash.
    Louise always brings together a great group with great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chaya! look really delicious! I love zucchinis!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good day Chaya ! I'm bringing in some extra containers to collect all the goodies to takeaway. hehe... Hope you don't mind ! Your quiche looks so scrumptious.
    Hope you're having a fabulous weekend dear. ((hugs))
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chaya, what a great idea to bring Yellow Squash Crustless Quiche for picnic. This is so delish and tempting. May I have a second helping of this at the picnic? Hope you don't mind. See you at the picnic, Chaya. Regards :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chaya, so nice to meet up with you at the Picnic! Love your crustless yellow squash quiche. I must make this real soon...such an easy preparation not heaving to bother with the crust. Perfect addition for the picnic, which I am also joining for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Chaya,
    A perfect quiche for a picnic! We love quiches and I have never tried a crustless one, so I'll be stopping by your blanket with an empty plate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bringing your sunshine quiches and adding lots of smiles. Thanks for having me at the picnic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My cheese always browns up more that I like, too, but your quiche looks perfect to me! Welcome to the picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I prefer my quiche without crust and am always looking for new things to do with squash! I'll be right over to your blanket for a piece!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Chaya , nice meeting you and save me a hunk of the quiche . See you at the picnic :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful quiche Chaya - a perfect letter "Y" dish.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This detox kit will tell you whether you have any traces of marijuana left in your system or if your body is completely free of it Many people take tolerance breaks regularly (also known as T-breaks) Usually, these home remedies involve ingredients such as aloe vera, vinegar, or clay powder Whether it is for employment or a court visit, you will dread these drug or urinalysis tests Yes, even the hair on your chest, arms, and legs contains drugs In other words, the ideal option is a detox shampoo with a lot of positive feedback Visit: https://www.urineworld.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost