Honey and Walnut Crusted Chicken


This is another Passover recipe, I have to share.  Passover is a funny holiday when it comes to food.  Some people feel deprived because we do not use many  of our normal choices. There are others and I count myself as part of this group who glory in what can be done with a more limited array of  ingredients.  

When you think about it, there is one week, we eat without using flour and foods with gluten.  No pasta, no bread, no "normal" cake or cookies, no rice for Sefardic Jews, no beans as well.  It is different but I welcome it.  I think we eat as well if not better for this week than the entire year.


Honey and Walnut-Crusted Chicken



Ingredients:



6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded flat 



non stick cooking spray (olive oil)

½ cup honey

¼ teaspoon ground black pepper

3/4 cup potato starch

¾ cup fine chopped nuts (I used walnuts but pecans would be better, in my opinion.)

Method:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 


Spray a shallow baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.



In a medium bowl, combine the honey, salt and pepper. Combine.



In a shallow dish, combine the potato starch and ground walnuts.



Brush the chicken cutlets with the honey mixture and then dip in the pecan mixture.  Make sure the whole cutlet is covered.


Place in a single layer in the prepared pan; spray the tops with cooking spray.

Bake for 20 – 30 minutes.

Eat and enjoy.

Now, please tell me, does that chicken look like a breaded cutlet?

Linked to  

Comments

  1. Looks good. I just pulled chicken out of the oven as well.

    Yum, yum, yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious honey and walnut crusted chicken, love it, thanks for sharing with Hearth and Soul blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous way to serve chicken, Chaya! I love the idea of the walnuts and honey. I've pinned this recipe to try very soon. Thank you for sharing with us at the Hearth and Soul Hop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost