Israeli Salad


In our group My Kitchen My World, we are traveling to Israel. In my search for recipes, I found similarities between Israel and other countries in the Mideast. I decided on something I have made for years but not recently, Israeli salad. (Hebrew: סָלָט יְרָקוֹת יִשְׂרְאֵלִי‎, salat yerakot yisraeli, "Israeli vegetable salad") is a chopped salad of diced tomato and cucumber. 



It is usually made of tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and parsley, sometimes with green or red peppers, and with a simple dressing of fresh lemon juice, olive oil and black pepper. It is common for the cucumbers to remain unpeeled. 

Israeli Salad


Ingredients:



2 medium tomatoes, cubed
1  English cucumber, cubed
1/2 medium red onion, sliced thin
3 tablespoons finely minced fresh, flat-leaf parsley
Juice of half a lemon
2  tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste


Method:


In large bowl, toss all the vegetables.

Combine lemon juice, olive oil, salt and black pepper and pour over the vegetables.

Eat and enjoy!

Please check the My Kitchen My World site to see what other members have made.  This is the June's choice and most likely will be linked up closer to the end of the month.

Comments

  1. Now see, I have made this for years when everything is fresh from the garden. Israeli Salad. good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing!! Found your recipe at Love in the Kitchen Tuesday’s Table.  I am one of the hostesses of Tickle My Tastebuds and would love you to stop by and link up this recipe if you have not yet already. Here is the link
    http://bit.ly/1lNY6hK
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom made this last summer. It was delish! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and fresh. And lemony! Perfect summer salad, Chaya.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost