I had no idea what to call this recipe. I was supposed to make this for Monday night but I remembered, we had a wedding to go to and there was no need for me to cook. I changed things around a bit and here we are with one of the best meals, I have had in a while. I think it is better than the fancy meal served at the wedding.
Giving a name to a recipe that I put together, with what is on hand, is a challenge and in this case, I came to a dead-end. Listing the ingredients for a title seems wrong and boring. I thought about what I did and that was to perk up the quinoa. Quinoa is something that takes on the identity of the ingredients or other foods on the plate. Like rice, barley, orzo or kasha, you can vary what you do with it in innumerable ways. I think, quinoa is the easiest to cook especially with many of the ones on the store shelves do not need to be rinsed.
To make this recipe work, do a lot of the prep before hand.
- Cook up two cups of quinoa and put aside. Follow the directions on the package.
- Cook a piece of salmon (I poached it on top of the stove or 20 minutes so not to turn on the oven.)
- Chop your basil and spinach,
- Chop cauliflower into bite sized pieces.
- Combine honey and soy sauce.
Eat and enjoy!
Freedom Fridays Real Food Friday Fight Back Friday Foodie Friday See Ya in the Gumbo