Tropical Pineapple Bundt Cake # Bundt Bakers

This month, I joined the Bundt Bakers, a group that bakes bundt cakes monthly according to a theme.  I am thrilled to find myself there since hubby likes bundt cakes.  I have only met the leader of the group (online) Stacy from Food Lust People Love who has been helpful and appears to be lovely.  I am looking forward to "meeting" the other bakers.  Join me in finding out about this group.

I found out Saturday night late what the theme for this month is, Tropical Bundt Cakes.  Coincidentally, I had to make a cake for company, we are having today.  What could be more perfect so I did some investigating.  Strangely enough or maybe not so strangly, each link I clicked on belonged to a baker from this group with bundt cake recipes.  I didn't want to use any from the group since they were already in place so I kept looking until I found this site, Virtual Cities.  There hadt a recipe which appealed to me.

The major problem is that it called for rum and I have none in the house.  I subbed in pineapple juice and used rum extract.  It seemed to be effective.

I had a lot of difficulty, as you can see drizzling neatly and then sprinkling the coconut.  Maybe it is the pressure of having 30 some odd guests on their way to eat.  At least, they will have this cake.

Tropical Pineapple Bundt Cake (adapted from Virtual Cities)

Ingredients:

2 1/4 cups sugar

1/2 cup margarine
3/4 cup oil
5 eggs
1 teaspoon rum extract
3 cups gluten-free flour mix
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup pineapple juice
2 cups coarsely cut canned or fresh pineapple
1/4 cup coconut


Method:


Grease bundt pan


Beat together the sugar, butter, eggs, and rum extract until blended. 


Then beat on high speed for 5 minutes. 

Mix together the flour and baking powder.

In a separate bowl, combine the milk and juice. 


Add liquids and flour alternately to batter, blending well after each addition. 

Gently stir in pineapple and coconut.

Pour batter into prepared pan. 


Bake in a 350 degrees F oven in 6-cup Bundt pan until cake begins to pull from pan sides and a wooden pick inserted comes out clean, about 45 to 50 minutes.  (Mine ran longer.  Check and be prepared to add another ten minutes.)

Icing:


Melt 1/4 cup margarine.

Add 2 cups confectioner's sugar and mix well.

Add 2 tablespoons of milk and 1/4 teaspoon rum extract.

Mix until there are no bumps.

Drizzle on cake.

Sprinkle shredded coconut on drizzle.




*

#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.

We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. Join in the fun by contacting Stacy.









  • Guava and Cream Cheese Bundt Cake by Love and Confections
  • Guava and Pineapple Impossible Cake by Passion Kneaded
  • Pineapple Macadamia Nut Bundt Cake by Sew You Think You Can Cook
  • Passion-Orange-Guava Bundt Cake by All That’s Left are the Crumbs
  • Mini Spiced Caramelized Pineapple Bundt Cakes by From Gate to Plate
  • Hibiscus Lime Bundt Cake by Brooklyn Homemaker
  • Mango Brown Sugar Glazed Bundt by Noshing with the Nolands
  • Pineapple Pound Cake by Magnolia Days
  • Mango Ginger Bundt Cake by Food Lust People Love
  • Almost Pina Colada Bundt Cake by Tea and Scones
  • Mexican Mango Cake by My Catholic Kitchen
  • Mango Coconut Bundt by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
  • Mini Pineapple Lime Mojito Bundt Cakes by Blahnik Baker
  • Tropical Pineapple Bundt Cake by Bizzy Bakes

  • Linked to Two Cup Tuesday          In and Out of the Kitchen        Fat Tuesday     Hearth and Soul Hop       Gluten Free & DIY Tuesdays    Simple Supper Tuesday        Making Monday    Freedom Fridays     Tuesdays Table      Gluten-Free Wednesday
  • Comments

    1. Welcome to Bundt Bakers! Thanks for joining in the baking fun and bringing such a wonderful cake.

      ReplyDelete
    2. This sounds great!! I used that same bundt pan too, it's sooo pretty!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I am loving this theme, and nothing better than pineapple and coconut together, great pairing!!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Welcome to the group, this cake looks lovely. Love all the flavours used. Laura@Baking in Pyjamas

      ReplyDelete
    5. Welcome to the group! Nice recipe this month.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Hopefully all your guests liked the cake

      ReplyDelete
    7. What a great combination. I love your pan too. I can see why you picked this as your cake.

      ReplyDelete
    8. Thank you for the kind words, Chaya! We are delighted to have you join us this month, especially with such a lovely tropical cake. I am sure your guests devoured it quickly!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Welcome. Chaya! Kudos for jumping in so quickly and making a lovely cake.

      ReplyDelete
    10. So happy to be baking with you in the group. I think your cake looks great, and I bet everyone was super happy to enjoy a slice.

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

    Popular posts from this blog

    Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

    Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

    Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost