Peanut Butter and Chocolate Mini Cake


Simply Sweet 'n Savory linked this recipe to Bake With Bizzy and I had to try it out.  I never believe these recipes work and this one said a cake emerged after 30 seconds.  Impossible.


Actually mine did take about 60 seconds to finish baking but it did bake beautifully and came out as a real cake.  I took this one cake to my class and cut it up for three of the boys to taste.  I told them, I had not even tasted it yet and had no idea if it was wonderful or terrible and I wanted them to be honest in their evaluation.  I just didn't expect anything great from this cake, not when it baked in a microwave for a minute.  Now way - this could be good.


It turned out to be a SUCCESS and each of the boys loved it.  Yes, they would have told me, if they did not like it.  My gratitude to Simply and Sweet and Savory for making my boys, happy campers.  I tasted the cake with the boys and I will agree readily with my students.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chips Microwave Cake

Ingredients :

1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon  baking powder
1 heaping tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons  peanut butter
1 tablespoon chocolate chips

Method :

In a bowl, whisk together egg, brown sugar, baking powder, peanut butter and flour.
Add in chocolate chips, stir well.
Spoon batter into a greased ramekin, custard cup or mug.
Microwave at 100% power for 30 seconds. (I needed 60 seconds.)
Remove cake and invert onto a plate.

FROM THIS

TO THIS
Linked to  Friday Food    Tasty Thursdays

Comments

  1. I've never tried these microwave cakes, but I've heard they're dangerous once you learn how quickly they can be made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can this really be true! Is it ok that I want to test this theory at 6:36am?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! Bet it is really delicious and I have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful!!
    I can hardly believe you baked it in the microwave - wowwww!!
    This is a great idea if guesst come on a short notice - love it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really interesting, I should get my kids to do this, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! Love that it was baked in a ramekin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Yours turned out perfectly. I'm delighted to hear that you all liked it. Thanks so much for your sweet mention :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving this. How cute and looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost