Muffin Mondays - Carrot Muffins



This week, I baked these muffins, for a friend of mine, who loves muffins.  I had no idea what she has experienced in muffins but I think those with carrots are usually pleasers.


I found this particular recipe on muffinrecipes.net and at the rate my hubby and guests ate them, these are a success.  I adapted the recipe slightly.

Carrot Muffins

Ingredients:

2 medium eggs
1 ½ cups of gluten-free flour
1 cup of shredded carrots
1 cup of sugar
½ cup of oil
¼ cup of orange juice
1/2 cup of chopped pecans (I forgot to put these in so I sprinkled them on top, before baking.)
1 teaspoon of baking powder
½ teaspoon of baking soda
½ teaspoon of cinnamon
½ teaspoon of nutmeg
¼ teaspoon of salt

Method:

Preheat your oven to 350°F .

Prepare muffin tins with paper liners.
Add sugar, oil, juice and eggs.
Process until thoroughly blended.

Sift the dry ingredients together and add to processor bowl with the chopped pecans.

Process until the ingredients are moist.

Fill the muffin tins two-thirds full.

Bake for 30 minutes. If a toothpick or knife comes out clean, the muffins are done. If not, put back for a few more minutes.

This is linked to Real Food Wednesdays

Comments

  1. Baby willing, I'm going to try to do my own muffin Monday today - but with some nice bran muffins. Cross your fingers for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love carrot muffins. I haven't made them for a while. Yours turned out very pretty. Love the nuts on top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! These sound delicious and healthy, too! Can't wait to try them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I liked the recipe! They look delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another carrot muffin recipe! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'd actually like these better sprinkled on top of the muffins, Chaya. :-) They would get so beautifully toasted while baking. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I've ever had a carrot muffin. Boy do those spices look great--and I bet these smell heavenly when baking. I also think the pecans are better on top. They add some character!

    Thanks for linking--I appreciate you coming by again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful muffins Chaya! Carrot is one kind I've never made. I'm afraid I would be tempted to put cream cheese frosting on them, so naughty I am.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost