Apple Kugel




I am a big fan of apples in baked goods but not only desserts.  I relish them in side dishes and while this kugel can be either a dessert or side, I usually serve it, as a side dish with chicken or meat.  I find that a sweet accompaniment adds a necessary component to a meal.


I have made a dozen different apple kugels and like each and every one of them. This one is known as Malky's Apple Kugel.  I have no idea who Malky is but her kugel is a cinch to make and it tasted as good as the more complicated recipes.


Easy Apple Kugel

 Ingredients:

5 cortland apples , peeled and sliced (I used 6 large ones although that is not necessary.)
½ cup sugar
½ cup oil
¾ cup flour (Gluten-free)
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Method:

1 Preheat oven to 350.

2 Placed sliced apples in an 8X8 oven safe dish.

3 Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.

4 Mix the remaining ingredients and spread over the top.

5 Bake for 1 hour.


Comments

  1. What a great kugel! I'm not familiar with Cortland apples - sweet, crunchy, tart? I'm going to have to keep an eye out for them. Yummy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make this with any apple. I have never made an apple kugel, I didn't like, no matter the apple. I do like crunchy.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful recipe! I love everything with apples))))))
    Definitely trying to make it next weekend))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love apples in desserts. This looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kugel! I have been wanting to make one of these so bad. Your recipe seems nice and doable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the recipe, Kate. If you get to make it, I am sure, you will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That kugel looks great. I think this type of kugel is the reason my grandmother never made pies. Why bother killing yourself over the crust when it's going to taste just as good and look as nice as this?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost