Italian Baked Cutlets - Mr. Food QED



We are having an unusual Friday night meal (Sabbath meal).  Decisions, as what to make, were based on what I have, on hand.  These meals that come about because your fridge is full, are simply wonderful.  


I have a huge squash, chicken cutlets, eggplant, rice and apples to use up.  This Mr. Food easy recipe is perfect for the cutlets.  I happen to have an opened bottle of Italian dressing (low-fat) sitting on the shelf, not being used.  Today, it will be a compliment to the breaded cutlets.


It is more fun to meet the challenge of cleaning out cabinets and refrigerator than going to the store for the ingredients.  Fortunately for me, I usually have extras of many items so I can play the game with lots of ingredients.


I tend to keep a filled kitchen.  I am not good about running to the store, in the middle of cooking.  I want to be able to reach into cabinets and find what I want.  As a result, I can end up with some unusual ingredients.  I have a bunch of sauces in pretty jars, untouched, because I make most of my own sauces.  Why did I buy them?  Just in case.  


I ask myself, in case of what and I have no answer.  They can sit for years until, I decide, they are too old and throw them out.  I call myself thrifty but this habit does not apply.  Time to take out these sauces and use them.  Watch and see what I concoct.


Italian Baked Cutlets  Serves: 3 - 4
Ingredients

1 cup Tortilla chip crumbs
3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup Italian dressing
1 pound flattened boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

Method:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 

In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, parsley, and garlic powder; mix thoroughly. 

Pour Italian dressing into a shallow dish; dip cutlets in dressing then in bread crumb mixture, until well coated.

Arrange cutlets on prepared baking sheet and bake 35 minutes.

Comments

  1. Cooking for two I run into this challenge a lot. It is so much easier to actually cook for two than shop for two. I always end up with extras. That chicken looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find one pound of chicken cutlets works for my husband and me. Depending on their size, I get 3 - 4 cutlets in a package.

      Delete
  2. Tortilla chip crumbs..I LOVE the idea of using those as breading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When one cooks gluten-free, one gets creative with crumbs.

      Delete
  3. Your cutlets look delicious. I would stuff them with some nice herbs too - maybe even tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomatoes sound good with this. Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost