Chicken and Cashew Stir Fry - Wednesdays with Donna Hay

I knew my husband was going to love this week's Donna Hay's recipe because it is a stir fry and so far, none have failed, for us.  This is supposed to be a beef stir fry and I had planned to make it with beef.  I thought, I had meat in the freezer but I only found chicken cutlets.  Since, I had just come from the grocery, and had no intentions of  returning, chicken it would be.  I am willing to bet that the chicken is as delicious as beef.  Of course, I am a poultry eater, not much of a beef eater which just may be the reason, my freezer was devoid of meat.  


Chicken and cashew stir-fry was really a quick, easy and delicious recipe (QED).  I did sub in a red pepper in place of the red chillies which hubby would hate.  The snow peas were crisp and added a slight crunch to the dish, which was welcome.  Cashews also added crunch and were so very good although, I did burn a few by turning around, for a moment. Those that blackened partially did not taste burnt so I am guessing, I got them out of the pan, in time.  All of the parts went together nicely and the whole resulted in a dinner we praised, as we demolished it (politely of course).


As my second Donna Hay recipe, so far, the results are 100 percent in the winner column.  If you like a stir fry, I think this is one, you will enjoy.  You can find the recipe here. 


Check the other Donna Hay Gals: (posted by Thursday)
Kayte
Gay
Margaret
Next week: Blue Cheese and Caramelised Onion Brioche

Linked to Pennywise Platter Thursdays      Savory Sundays

Comments

  1. I love stir fries also! Definitely need to try this sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore quick and delicious stir-fries. This looks really tasty with cashew nuts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost