Chocolate Orange Chip Cookies



Orange and chocolate deserve to be married.  They go together like butter and bread or peanut butter and jelly or spaghetti and meatballs.  They belong to each other.  That is why, when I saw the following recipe, I knew it would work and be appreciated.  I am sending these to the troops with some other goodies and I am confident in this recipe.

I had to change it because of the hour.  I had a few minutes to get these made and baked and I rushed my  way through it skipping ingredients and steps.  Despite that, I managed to make a really good cookie.  For the correct recipe, drop by Jill's at Dulce Dough. 

Chocolate-Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients :

2/3 cup margarine, softened
1 egg
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 pkg. (10 oz.) dark chocolate chips

Method:

Cream together 1 cup sugar and margarine.  Add the egg and mix well.

In a separate bowl combine the flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.

Gradually stir in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.

Stir in the chocolate chips.

Using a teaspoon cookie scoop, make balls and place on parchment paper on 2 cookie sheets. Do not press them down.

Bake in a 350°F oven for 9  minutes or until set; cool slightly and then remove from cookie sheet.  Cool on a rack and then enjoy every single bite.

Linked to , Strut Your Stuff Saturday , Sundae Scoop , Sweet Indulgences Sunday , Sweet Tooth Friday , Sweets for a Saturday ,         The Gallery of Favorites    
Kids Delight    Spice Your Life

Comments

  1. Chocolate and orange are so good together!! Thanks so much for joining us on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We loved having you and hope to see you back next Saturday with more of your recipes!! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost