Mexican Cheese Muffins for Muffin Mondays



Each week, I look through books and Internet sites to decide which muffin, I am going to make, this week.  I had quite a few choices but this cheese won out.  The actual recipe came from About.com Southern Food and was called Ham and Cheddar Muffins - not for me.  Ham is forbidden when one is kosher but I had no problem eliminating it and making a highly flavored cheese muffin.  Actually, I did not use cheddar, called for,  but I used the four cheese Mexican mix, which is now being sold locally and is scrumptious.


Mexican Cheese Muffins


Ingredients:


1 1/4 cups gluten-free flour mixture
1/4 cup cornmeal
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 scallion, sliced thin
1/2 cup 4 cheese Mexican mix or any cheese of your liking
1 egg
1/4 cup oil


Method:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray 12 muffin cups with olive oil.
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.  Mix only until dry ingredients are moistened.  
Put batter into muffin cups about 3/4 the way up the cup.
Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.


You know, we love muffins, in this family, and all the ones, I have made here have been enjoyed to the utmost.  Yet, I think, we liked this one even more than the delicious apple, cinnamon and others. 





AllergyFreeWednesdays

Comments

  1. I probably would have thrown in turkey bacon instead of ham anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These muffins sound really delicious. I think they would be wonderful with soup or chili!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! These sound like the perfect accompaniment for a big bowl of chili. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't these be great with a salad? Love this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What delicious cheesy muffins Chaya! I was thinking of making some tomorrow! Now I will for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound wonderful - I love the idea of making them with Mexican cheese! They would be so good with so many things. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Corn muffins/bread are one of my favorites. Adding cheese is a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look incredibly yummy!

    Sherry

    http://sherry-startingoverat40.blogspot.com/2012/02/cooking-thursday-garlic-lime-chicken.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! These muffins have one of my favorite food combos--green onion and cheese. Love that! (I'd skip the ham too. Not a fan.) Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing such a great recipe on Allergy-Free Wednesdays! Be sure to check back next week for reader favorites and hostess picks.

    Be Well,
    --Amber

    ReplyDelete
  11. These muffins are featured as one of the top-viewed recipes from last week's See Ya In the Gumbo!
    http://msenplace.blogspot.com/2012/02/see-ya-in-gumbo-19-potluck.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost