Bake with Bizzy -Savory Cheesecake

I don't think, we have to make a choice, between a favorite, sweet or savory, in general, in terms of our preferences.  If I had to make that decision, savory would win and I am a sweets lover.  Over the years, I have made plenty of sweet cheesecakes and before, I knew there was such a things, as a savory cheesecake, I dreamt of it.  I could see it, filled with chives or scallions, shredded carrots, red pepper, and tons of other vegetables.  Someday, I hope to make my dream "cake". 


In searching the Internet for a recipe, I ended up, with about a dozen of appealing looking, as well as delicious sounding, savory cheesecakes.  The title of each drew me in and the ingredients sealed the deal.  I kept flipping papers, searching for the right cheesecake to make but when I saw smoked salmon, I decided.  I had picked up a package of lox, the other day and could not think of a better use for it.


I am hesitant to say, I will make many more of these, because of the fat content, from the cheese.  This should, probably be left for two or three times, a year.  Sigh.


Smoked Salmon Cheesecake adapted from Allrecipes.com

Ingredients:


1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon fine Rice Chex crumbs
Spray cooking olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
14 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons heavy cream
1/4 pound smoked salmon, chopped
1/4 cup shredded Montery Jack cheese
1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
pepper to taste


Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray 6 - 8 inch round pan. Adjust your baking time according to the size.

In a medium skillet or frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and green peppers and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, eggs and cream until well blended. Fold in onions, peppers, salmon, Monterey Jack cheese, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, and pepper. Pour into prepared pan.

Bake until firm to the touch, about 1 hour. Carefully remove pan from the oven and turn off the heat. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.



It is delicious both cold and warm.  Time to look back on last week's wonderful contributions, which I thank each of you for.

Spinach Quiche from My Hobbie Lobbie


BBQ Chicken Stromboli from Cooking For My Kids
Simplify, Live, Love's
Crazy Sweet Tuesdays
What's coming next? Share your sweet and savory baked dishes. Check out others and if it is to your taste, maybe you would like to make it. My most enjoyable meals are often, thanks to you.

This is linked to  Tuesdays At The Table    What I Whipped Up Wednesday    Tastastic Thursdays   It’s A Keeper Thursdays    Tasty Thursdays    Full Plate Thursdays   Savory Sundays


Comments

  1. This sounds delicious! I've never had a savory cheesecake, but will have to try it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever had savory cheesecake. Looks yummy! Thanks for hosting--I'm excited to have baked something this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have shared High Tea Lemon Cookies. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the contributions look wonderful. I got to tell you it is the savory cheesecake that took the prize. I just need a really nice white wine to enjoy.

    Thanks for sharing.
    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing looking savory cheesecake! Sounds different & tasty! Thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea of a savory cheesecake - reminds me of something quiche-like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I"m most definitely a sweets girl through and through...but savory cheesecake sounds delicious also!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been wanting to make a savory cheesecake for so long now! I really need to give it a try and this version with smoked salmon sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looooove me some savory cheesecakes! I've made quite a few, so I linked one up also. I haven't made one with smoked salmon yet, but, it just might need to be next on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. never heard of a savory cheese cake. looks divine :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, that title DOES draw you right in and yell MAKE ME! :-) Deeelicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What's not to like about this dish? It goes right onto my "to make" list. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. delicious looking cheesecake and linked dishes

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmm. That looks and sound good. I've never had savoury cheesecake before, but by the looks of that one, it must be HEAVEN!

    Thanks for hosting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely Savory Cheesecake, we would really enjoy this Cheesecake. Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost