Bake with BIzzy - Sugar Sprinkle Cookies


Sugar Cookies
Ingredients
    • 2 eggs
    • 3/4 cup sugar
    • 2/3 cup vegetable oil
    • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    • 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
    • 2 cups all-purpose flour
    • 2 teaspoons baking powder
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • Additional sugar or colored sugar  (yellow and green)
Method:

In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla and lemon peel until blended.
Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture.
  • Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
  • Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar.
  • Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
  • Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
  • Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.


I apologize but I was just blessed with a new grandson and I have no time to pick from last week's recipes.  Anyone who would like to submit three choices, please do so, in a comment.

I am looking forward to seeing what you share, this week.   Thanks for your understanding.

Comments

  1. I need to get back to baking just for baking, not for an assignment. I'll try to hit the oven this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Congratulations !!!
    What wonderful news :):)
    I never realized you're a Grandma already...
    May God bless this child!

    You know it's funny but your sugar cookies remind me of the cookies my Grandma used to bake, although she used butter as far as I know.
    These cookies don't last long.....

    I'm sharing today my "Dried Fruits & Nuts Squares"

    Thanks for hosting, and again - congratulations!
    Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new Grandson! Enjoy! Have a very sweet week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sugar cookies are always tempting, and these are no exception! Congrats on your new grandchild!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your new grandson!! Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your new Grandson! I'm so happy for you and your family, Chaya!

    Thank you for hosting Bizzy Bakes - I've shared my Banana Oatmeal Raisin muffins this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sugar cookies will definitely be a hit with the kids! And Congratulations on your new Grandson!
    I've just linked up something for tea-time snack! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my site. Your cookies look wonderful! I'm linking up my savoury scone recipe for you :-)

    Paula @ Spoons 'n' Spades

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are such cute cookies! Can I have one? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my cousins will ONLY eat sprinkle cookies for dessert. I'm making these for her at the next family gathering!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by!! I've linked up the sausage balls. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your new grandson! Definitely understand not having time to pick recipes - too much time picking up your grandson! :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am actually grateful to the holder of this web site
    who has shared this fantastic article at here.
    Here is my weblog ... how to make iphone apps

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost