SRC Chunky Blonde Blondies

Secret Recipe Club

Thanks to Amanda from Amanda's Cookin', each Monday, a group of bloggers share recipes, they have made over the past month from a secret blogger. Amanda put and still puts a great deal of work to keep us going with the help of a group of volunteers and we have a blast.  Another hard worker is Jane of The Heritage Cook who hosts the Group One Round-up. Kudos to Jane and Amanda who are a pleasure to work with.


It is time for my group to post our "secret recipes" which will no longer be secret.  I almost made a number of recipes including Taco Pasta Toss, Sloppy Janes and Fat Witch Brownies with candy and a dozen other baked goods.  I was determined NOT to make any baked dessert and I must admit, despite those  yummy meat dishes, I did it, I made blondies.  I did change the recipe to add apples and pecans a caramel topping.  This recipe originates at Taste of Home and was adapted by Sweet Savory Tooth, my secret blog.  My gratitude to Heather who has a wonderful blog with just  "too many" recipes, I want to make.

Chunky Blonde Blondies (adapted from Sweet and Savory Tooth)


1/2 cup canola oil
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups gluten-free brown rice flour mixture
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped apple
3/4 cup pecans, chopped


Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, cream oil and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the apple chunks and nuts.


Spoon into a greased 9 x 13 baking pan; spread to evenly cover bottom of pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until top begins to crack and is golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack, then cut into bars.


Click on the links below to see what other cooks have made, this week.  It is fun to visit and leave comments.  What a wonderful way to be introduced to new blogs as well as visit old friends.

Comments

  1. What a delicious idea to include apples in blondies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never think to add apples to blondies, what a wonderful and delicious idea. Great SRC choice.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my SRC entry: Crunchy Fudgy Heart Bites

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a 15 year transplant to the South, I have to say I love a blondie! They were new to me back then, and I love the way you updated this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blondies... these are a new to me :D Remind me of mom's apple cake though she uses butter and not oil, never the less sound tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Blondie with apple chunks and a caramel topping? Oh yes please! Sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love blondies...so delicious! These look really wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I rarely make blondies but your making me want to make them soon! These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look insanely moist and delicious! I would have a hard time not eating the whole pan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! They look and sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look wicked good. I am new to blondies and they are quite wonderful. Love your spin on these.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pecan caramel topping sounds like a great addition. Great SRC pick. Looks like you had fun with several recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost