Mango Nut Muffins



I am attempting to use up my nut supply.  I buy nuts in large Costco bags and freeze some of them, while I make hubby happy with nutty baked goods.  This week, I made him two nutty desserts, both muffin recipes but one as a coffee cake.  I doubled the nuts in both recipes so if you make this and don't adore nuts, cut them in half and you are back to the original recipe.


I was excited about this recipe because it has mangoes and I leave some of the mango attached to the pit, for me.  Mango is such a treat.  This also has banana, my husband's favorite fruit but one he does not like in baked goods.  I used a banana that was not overly ripe, hoping it would not be so filled with flavor.  I think it worked since he did not pick up the banana flavor and it served its purpose in the batter.


Mango Nut Muffins  (allrecipes.com)

Ingredients :


2 cups gluten-free flour mixture
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice (this called for lime and I had finished up my lime juice and had no limes, in the house.)
2 cups diced ripe mango
1 medium ripe banana, mashed
1 cup chopped walnuts

Method:

In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil and lime juice; add to the dry 
ingredients just until moistened. Stir in the mango, banana, raisins and nuts.
Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. 

Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

Comments

  1. I usually don't worry about using nuts up, I just keep them till I need them. Then again, they're not my husband's favorite, so I'm judicious about where I use them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mangoes, but have never baked with them before. This sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delicious idea to use mangoes. I always eat mangoes fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mangoes so much, Chaya, but I've never baked with them before. You've inspired me to try. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so good... Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking! I may have to take a cue from you and start using up my nut supply. I tend to hoard nuts like a squirrel :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love mangoes, but haven't yet baked with them. I bet they taste great in muffins!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost