Bake with Bizzy - Blueberry-Pecan Sour Cream Coffee Cake



I have been baking and just could not find the time to post the results.  I have made and loved sour cream coffee cakes, for years and years.  I think, I made my first one, not too long, after I married Hubby.  Sour cream enhances the cake and the extra moisture only makes the texture better.


I decided on the filling, as usual, because I had about a cup of dried blueberries in a plastic container, looking lonely, next to the full containers of other nuts and berries.  I also had two containers of pecan opened (oops) so pecans and blueberries became the stars of the day.

Blueberry Pecan Sour Cream Coffee Cake 


Ingredients:


1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups gluten-free flour mixture or all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup dried blueberries


Topping:
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans


Method:


Preheat oven 350 degrees.  Grease 2 8 inch round pans.


Beat oil and sugar.  Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla.  Beat until blended.
In another bowl, mix dry ingredients, flour, salt and baking powder.
Add to sour cream mixture and stir.  


Add dried blueberries and 1/2 cup chopped pecans.  Just mix to incorporate the nuts and berries.


Pour batter into two pans, dividing equally.  Top with combined sugar, cinnamon and pecans.


Back to last week, when there were many stars.  I will share a few.


Winnie at Something Sweet has this 5 layer cake which is a beauty.


Then, we  visit The Sweet Swiper who always has the very best sweets.  Look at these little raspberry marbled cheesecakes.



Then we have Whole Wheat Sugar Cookies from The Sweet Details


These should inspire you to get in that kitchen, if you are a baker, and turn on the oven.  If you are not a baker, you just might want to try these.  They all look delicious.   Linked to 21st Century Housewife   Cast Party Wednesday       Sweet Treat Thursdays

Comments

  1. Lovely blog and your pictures are awesome. I love baking and must try the Blueberry pecan sour cream coffee cake. I know it will be DELISH!!
    I am stopping by via Linky and am a new follower!!
    www.questofthenocturnalbaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bizzy
    although I love to bake "complicated" cakes I prefer to eat coffee cakes :)
    I think your cake is wonderful - I love the combination of blueberries and pecans!

    Thank you soooooooooo much for featuring my Neapolitan cake! :):)

    I'm sharing today my "Fish-shape Sweet Challah"
    Thanks again!!
    Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love coffee cakes too. Yours looks so moist and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely cake looks wonderful delicious links

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for featuring my little blackberry cheesecakes! I hope you have a fantastic week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait till I get to bake this weekend. Your post inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Blueberry Pecan Sour Cream Coffeecake has everything that I love! I have shared Roasted Parmesan Potatoes and Cream Cheese Biscuits. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks so delicious in this post. I wonder what is the theme and criteria to join these links?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy looking cake, so soft & moist! Thank you so much for hosting. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful creations! I am quite cluelesss about your Linky question, but I find Pinterest is the best place to save the recipe I love.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with you - sour cream is pretty amazing in cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmm that looks like a seriously delicious coffee cake!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for hosting and letting me know about Bake with Bizzy. I shared a Roasted Spaghetti Squash w/ Green Garlic, Brown Butter & Parmesan recipe. The green garlic adds a wonderful, mild, garlic flavor. It’s so yummy! Thanks again.

    ~ Emily @ Recipe to Nourish

    http://recipestonourish.blogspot.com/2012/02/roasted-spaghetti-squash-w-green-garlic.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love coffee cakes and yours looks so moist and delicious! I would not mind two pieces of this! And I've just linked up! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank You for participating in Show Your Stuff Blog Hop, You are invited to come back:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/02/stuffed-green-peppers-show-your-stuff.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree...sour cream coffee cakes are the BEST! Yours looks moist and fabulous!! Enjoy your weekend, my friend~

    ReplyDelete
  18. The cake looks lovely and delicious. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, I've just linked up a lovely lemon bar! Thank you for hosting, have a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love blueberries and I love pecans - what a lovely coffee cake! I always like adding sour cream to cake - it makes them so moist. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This coffee cake looks scrumptious! I just pinned it so I can make it sometime.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost