Smoked Mozzarella Penne Pasta



Yesterday was my husband's birthday and I wanted to make him a meal, he would appreciate.  The best meal, I could make for him was hamburger with french fries or a baked potato.  Alas, I had no chopped meat.  Tonight, I am planning to serve that hamburger.  


Last night, appropriate for Meatless Monday, I made this pasta dish.  I just happened to have a package of smoked mozzarella, in the house, and I used this to spark up the dish.   It was just right.


Fresh Mozzarella and Tomato Penna Pasta Recipe



Ingredients:



8 ounces, smoked mozzarella, cut into small cubes
3 medium tomatoes, peeled and diced*
1/2 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon basil
2 teaspoons
lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

1 teaspoon crushed red pepper or to taste
1 (16-ounce) package uncooked penna pasta
Freshly-grated parmesan cheese



Method:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, toss mozzarella cheese with tomatoes, olive oil, basil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and red pepper. Let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
 
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pan to keep warm. Learn 
Add tomato mixture to prepared pasta and toss to coat thoroughly.Place in a casserole (3 quart) Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.


Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays             Trick or Treat Tuesday   
  Real Food Wednesday        What's Cooking Wednesday       Tastastistic Thursday  
Full Plate Thursday    
Cast Party Wednesday  
Pennywise Platter

Comments

  1. My two favorite things in one! I love this dish going to make it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure your hubby is one very happy man eating this dish! Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, so gooey and cheesey. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're doing chicken burgers tonight. Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds cheesy and delicious. I like the twist of the smoked mozzarella . Can't wait to try that. Please share this on my foodie friday party today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost