Individual Baked "Caprese" Eggs

 I am sure, I have said this before ---- Kristi of Mother Rimmy's Cooking Light Done Right never fails to have a recipe, for me, to make immediately.  That is what happened, this morning.  I went over there, looking for something for dinner and ended up making myself breakfast.
Kristi has healthy recipes and proves that healthy eating is also good and tasty eating.  Flavor abounds in her dishes and at this point, I have made a number of them. - thanks to Kristi-

As Kristi says, "Caprese salad is a favorite in this house, so why not add those big flavors to eggs?"  This fits my feelings about this recipe, perfectly.  After making it, I changed my mind to say, "this is even better than Caprese salad and that is high praise to the dish.
 
Baked Eggs Caprese Style (adapted from Mother Rimmy)
Ingredients:

2 large eggs, sliced 
1/4  large tomato, thinly sliced
1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella
½ cup fresh spinach leaves
salt and pepper to taste

Method:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 

Spray one small single serving sized baking dish with olive oil cooking spray.
Beat the eggs in a small bowl, 

Layer tomatoes evenly into each baking dish, then top with mozzarella cheese and then basil leaves. Pour eggs evenly over the top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  (
I used 3 thin slices of tomato.)

Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until egg is set. Don't bake too long, or the eggs will be rubbery.

Comments

  1. I love eggs too and this breakfast dish certainly looks tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious! What a great way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for taking the time to make this recipe. I'm so glad it worked out for you and love the use of spinach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so great when you can find instant gratification.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, looks sinfully wonderful! I wonder if I can sneak this in one morning before my daughter wakes up. She has an egg allergy and I hate to eat eggs in front of her. It used to be one of her favorites.
    Thanks so much for sharing in our recipe carnival! I appreciate your support ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making this in the morning for breakfast! I love caprese salad for any occasion...now breakfast too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How healthy and simple... please share this recipe on my foodie friday party today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great way to put a summery spin on baked eggs. Thanks for sharing with See Ya In the Gumbo this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy to let you know that I'm featuring your recipe this week! Pop over to check it out :-)

    http://iamaddictedtorecipes.blogspot.ca/2012/06/scrumptious-sunday-13-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eggs, tomato, spinach, and cheese sounds like a winning combination!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I want this!! I have farm fresh eggs, fresh from the garden basil...hurry tomatoes!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost