Lentils and Red Stuff



Lentils and Red Stuff

Before I discovered that canned lentils had gluten in them, I made this dish which was yummy.  Now, I use fresh lentils to avoid the health issue.  Let me add, I am not sure that all cans of lentils have gluten.  I used Eden, my favorite brand for anything they make except lentils.

Eden is low salt or no salt which we are relatively careful about.  The difference between their canned beans and other brands is huge in salt content.   

This makes a different kind of salad or it can be blended together to make a dip, adding a little liquid from the tomatoes or roast peppers.

Ingredients:

1 can lentils
1 can diced tomatoes with one tablespoon of liquid
2 bottled roast peppers, sliced
1/2 teaspoon sugar or honey 
seasoning of choice (garlic, basic, oregano)

Mix  all of the ingredients together.   Add the spice of choice.  I use what we are growing, at the time.

Let stand for at least an hour to blend flavors.

Eat and enjoy.

Linked to $5 Dinner Challenge      Made from Scratch Mondays     http://mizhelenscountrycottage.blogspot.com/     Allergy Free Wednesday      Real Food Wednesday    Made from Scratch Mondays   

Comments

  1. Love the name of this recipe! Lentils cook so quickly -- I didn't even know that they come canned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know you could get lentils in a can!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost