Bake With Bizzy -- Mini-Spinach & Avocado Quiches



I had leftovers from the holidays for tonight's dinner but I came across this recipe on That Skinny Chick Can Bake and on Jovina Cooks Italian and I must have been programmed to make it because I did, despite the fact, I had no need to cook tonight.


I have no regrets. These little muffin like quiches are delicious and go with almost anything. I did make some changes to make these kosher (no meat and dairy at the same meal). I also had no mushrooms so I subbed avocado

Individual Spinach and Avocado Quiches

1 small onion, diced
1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
Olive oil
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1 avocado, chopped
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
A few gratings of fresh nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 container (15 ounces) whole milk ricotta cheese
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 eggs, lightly beaten

Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 12 muffin pan cups with nonstick cooking spray.

In a skillet, cook and stir onion and red bell pepper for a few minutes or until tender. Add avocado, spinach, pepper, nutmeg and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat about 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Remove from heat.

Combine ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses in large bowl. Add eggs and mix well. Add cooled spinach mixture; mix well.

Divide mixture evenly among prepared muffin cups. Bake 25 minutes or until filling is set. Let stand 10 minutes. Run a knife around perimeter of quiches to help release. Serve .

Makes 12 small "muffins".

Time to look back: This is ALL DESSERT WEEK

Rumanian Cheese Cake - Winnie of Something Sweet




Tiramisu  from Don't Waste the Crumbs


Featured3_C_IMG_4865


Whatcha Whipped Up?   Fit and Fabulous Friday    Friday Food   Simple Living    Grocery Cart Challenge
Foodie Friday     Gallery of Favorites
Bring your own to our Linky.  Remember, both sweet and savory are appreciated.

Comments

  1. Thank you for the invitation to participate in your linky party. I've linked my recipe for Cheddar Corn Muffins.

    I've been enjoying your blog. Lots of good recipes here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These mini quiches are great lunch box idea! This recipe will be added into my lunch box recipe collection :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks sooooooo much for featuring my Romanian Yeast-Cake :):)
    I'm so glad you liked it

    Your mini quiches sound very(!) interesting as I've never eaten something with cooked avocado. We love spinach so I'll have to try it

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pleasure as always to share my posts with your linky! Have a wonderful week! Rebecca @ Natural Mothers Network ( Seasonal Celebration Sunday) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for inviting me to your party and thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi chaya, i've never tried cooking an avocado, not even an avocado cake. YOur mini quiches are looking scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These quiches look absolutely wonderful. Thank you so much for hosting and inviting me over!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What delicious little quiches! Thanks for sharing, sweet friend! I hope you have a beautiful day. Thanks for making mine more delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These quiches do make for a great brunch. Love the way they are just brimming with spinach and cheese. Well done.
    Sweet of you to invite me over Chaya, but due to time factors I do not participate in link parties. Wish I did have the time that it takes to participate and reciprocate to all the entrants though. Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quiches sound so good! I love that they are crustless, much healthier! Thank you for sharing them and for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy looking cookies and thanks for visiting my site, http://jovinacooksitalian.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. What awesome little quiches! so good! Love the featured items as well. Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I'm so glad my recipe inspired you! I'm loving the addition of avocado! YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never heard of avocado in quiche but it makes so much sense. Beautiful little pies. Thanks you for sharing this on foodie friday. I will post your party on my party page.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chaya, thank you for featuring my White Chocolate Macadamia Almond Cookies. They were a real hit at our golf tournament, disappearing before all the other gluten-ful cookies. Dispelling the myths that gluten free must be tasteless and boring.

    Your quiches look really good. I've never baked avocado but I have made chocolate pudding and the Fudgesicles that I linked up this week.

    Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. HOwdy Chaya! Thanks for the invitation. Hmmm..mm.. all the baked stuffs look great. Keep me drooling! Hope you're having a great week ahead, dear. ((hugs))
    Blessings
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Chaya, Your spinach and avocado quiche looks delicious, perfect for lunch! I have not tried baking with avocado before, well there's always a first time!
    I've just linked a meatless tart, perfect for lunch! Thank you for hosting! wish you a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yum! These healthy breakfast bites sound delish!!! Thanks for sharing on Fit and Fabulous Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost